Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail is the perfect holiday drink! Cranberry vodka, a hint of orange, a little fizz, with a touch of sweet and tart will make these a huge hit at your Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering.
Everyone has the tendency to get a teeny bit overwhelmed during the Christmas holiday season. The big things, like shopping, baking, and wrapping, are expected and anticipated.
It’s all the little things that cause system meltdowns.
Son of a biscuit! I need grab bag gifts for three different parties.
Shiitake mushrooms! I need to make something for the neighbors.
God Bless America! Why are all the boys’ dress pants 3 inches shorter than last year?
Monkey Flunker! I forgot about the stockings!
Allow me to preempt one of those forgotten tasks for you with these vodka cranberry cocktails. Merry flippin’ Christmas, and cross “party drinks” off the list. 😎
Making Cranberry Cocktails Ahead of Time
In order to make serving these a breeze at your party, make the simple syrup ahead of time. It will keep in the fridge for a couple weeks.
One recipe for the cranberry orange simple syrup makes about 8 drinks, so plan accordingly.
When it’s time to serve the drinks, have cranberry vodka, fresh orange slices, soda water, glasses, ice, and a small liquid measurer ready. Just measure and pour!
How to Make Sparkling Cranberry Cocktails
- Make cranberry orange simple syrup in a small saucepan. Combine fresh cranberries and cut up orange. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until cranberries are tender.
- Add sugar and water. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. Use strainer to strain liquid into jar and discard solids.
- When ready to serve fill a glass with ice. Pour in cranberry vodka, cranberry orange simple syrup, soda water, and a freshly squeezed orange wedge.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and additional orange wedge.
Substituting Prosecco or Champagne for Club Soda
Prosecco or Champagne may be substituted for the club soda water in this holiday cocktail recipe. If using a sweet prosecco or champagne, cut back the simple syrup amount to 1/2 ounce per drink.
Enjoy with these Holiday Dishes!
- Cranberry Baked Brie has an easy, tangy roasted cranberry orange sauce over warmed baked brie.
- Gluten-Free Green Bean Casserole made with crispy, from scratch fried onions
- Spinach Balls with spicy sweet mustard dipping sauce are guaranteed to go fast.
- Discover creative and easy charcuterie board ideas for putting together meats, cheeses, and all the touches to make it perfect!
SAVE THIS SPARKLING CRANBERRY COCKTAIL TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail
Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, cut-up with peel on
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail:
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry flavored vodka, such as Smirnoff Cranberry Vodka
- 1 oz. cranberry orange simple syrup
- orange, about 1 oz. freshly squeezed
- club soda
Cranberry Orange Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan place cranberries and cut-up orange. Cook over medium heat, about 5 minutes, until cranberries are tender.
- Add sugar and water. Stir and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes. Strain liquid into jar and discard solids. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In tall glass pour in cranberry vodka, cranberry orange simple syrup, and 1/8 wedge of orange, squeezed. Fill glass with ice and then top with soda water. Give a quick stir and garnish with more orange and fresh cranberries.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING AND COMMENT BELOW!❉
Adapted from Zestuous