Slow Cooker Buffalo (or Instant Pot!) Chicken Chili has the perfect amount of spice, a smooth creamy base, lots of tender chicken, and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. Be ready to win chili contests and hand out the recipe because this is the best chili you’ll ever make!
Now with Instant Pot Directions!
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Once you make this slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe you will be amazed how stupid easy it is and how damn good it tastes. PIN IT, print it, and tape it to your fridge because this a stress-free, delicious meal to make over and over again.
#1 It pretty much requires zero brain cells. If you have mastered operating a can opener and correctly using measuring spoons, it’s game on.
#2 If you are too busy to find ten minutes to make dinner, call for pizza and I won’t judge. But if you can manage ten minutes of prep and clean-up time, you will have the most delicious chili waiting for you in eight hours.
#3 Given how ridiculously easy this crock pot buffalo chicken chili recipe is to make, it’s uncanningly delicious. In fact, it is so impressive, I often make it for entertaining, tailgating, or to take to a friend.
They WILL ask you for the recipe, though, so be careful with feigning how much effort you put into making it. Awkward.
#4 Is there really nothing better than buffalo chicken ANYTHING?! Whatever classic dish is morphed into “buffalo chicken,” like Buffalo Chicken Tacos, Buffalo Chicken Salad, or Baked Buffalo Chicken , I am sold. You can pretty much preamble any food with “buffalo chicken” and it will merit a slow drive by me.
Learn How to Win A Chili Cook-Off!
Check out this post for tons of tips on making an award winning chili and creating your own recipe.
How To Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Combine chicken breasts, fire roasted tomatoes, corn, white beans (drained and rinsed), hot sauce, chicken broth, ranch dressing mix, celery salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried cilantro in the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high 4 hours.
- Take two forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker. Alternatively, used a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cut.
- With chicken back in the slow cooker, add the cream cheese. Stir until buffalo chili is creamy and smooth. Serve with blue cheese, cilantro, and tortilla chips.
Intimidated by using an Instant Pot? Learn in minutes with this Easy Start Instant Pot Guide full of tips, hacks, and tricks.
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Combine chicken breasts, diced tomatoes, corn, hot sauce, chicken broth, ranch dressing mix, celery salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried cilantro in the pressure cooker. DO NOT ADD THE BEANS OR CREAM CHEESE YET. Stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Use two forks to shred chicken in instant pot or remove chicken to cutting board to cut. Add the chicken back to pot.
- Add drained and rinsed beans and cream cheese to instant pot. Stir until chicken chili is creamy and smooth.
Tips for Making Tasty Buffalo Chicken Chili
- If you are worried about the chili being too spicy, don’t add the 1/2 cup hot sauce to the crock pot or pressure cooker. Start with adding 1/4 cup to the recipe. Serve with additional hot sauce or add more to the chili at the end.
- Boneless chicken thighs, ground chicken, or turkey may be substituted for the chicken breasts.
- To make Keto Buffalo Chicken Chili, omit the beans and corn.
- If the chili is too thick, thin it with additional broth. For chili that is too thick, check out these helpful tips.
BUFFALO CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE HAS WON…
28 chili cook-offs entered by readers! (Comment below if I should add another one to the tally!)
SAVE THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 14.5 ounce can Great Northern beans, drained
- 14.5 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained (can substitute regular diced tomatoes)
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth (read label to make sure it's gluten free)
- 1/4-1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce*, I used Frank's Red Hot
- 1 package ranch dressing mix envelope (Hidden Valley brand is gluten free)
- 14.5 ounce can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce cream cheese,** softened
- Toppings: tortilla chips, fresh cilantro, blue cheese crumbles, additional hot sauce
In a 5 quart slow cooker combine all the ingredients except the cream cheese and toppings.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Shred the chicken in the slow cooker using two forks. You can also use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken to a cutting board, shred it, and then return to the pot.
Add the cream cheese and stir until it is incorporated. Serve with desired toppings.
Place all the ingredients in the instant pot EXCEPT beans and cream cheese. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
Use two forks to shred chicken in instant pot or remove chicken to cutting board to shred. Add chicken back to pot.
Add drained beans and cream cheese to instant pot. Stir until chili is creamy and smooth. Serve with desired toppings.
*Start with 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, especially if making for kids. I often use 1/2 cup, though, and I feel like it gives a great spice level.
**I've made this with light cream cheese and regular. Both work great!
Recipe adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you – which helps justify to my family all the time I spend on the computer.