Fluffy Flourless Pancakes mix up quickly in a blender, have a tender, light banana oatmeal texture, and are naturally gluten free. This healthy recipe is easy to throw together and they have the look and taste of REAL pancakes.
A family member uses this fluffy Flourless Pancakes recipe as part of her clean-eating diet. Given my skepticism for recipes described as “clean,” I wasn’t convinced they would actually taste good.
Turns out “clean” isn’t quite synonymous with “tasteless.” These Flourless Pancakes don’t taste like they should be good for you.
As a matter of fact, I pretty much can’t live without them now.
I always have Banana Oat Flourless Pancakes stockpiled in my freezer for weekday breakfasts, healthy, to-go snacks for the kids, and so I always have gluten free pancakes ready and waiting for me.
What is the Easiest Way to Make Flourless Banana Pancakes?
If you have an immersion blender, just measure all the ingredients into a large bowl, and stick the wand in.
But allow me a little public service announcement on immersion blenders. They are the bomb.
If you hate taking out extra equipment, and cleaning all the parts, you will love this gadget. You just stick the wand right into the bowl, saucepan, or whatever you’re using, so there’s virtually no clean up.
I made all my own baby food with one, use it for smoothies, pureeing soups, and, of course, blender pancakes.
HOW TO MAKE FLOURLESS PANCAKES
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl if using an immersion blender, otherwise place ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend together and then let batter sit 15-30 minutes.
- Pour on hot griddle and cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form.
- Flip and cook on other side.
Tips and Tricks
- Ideally let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes before cooking on a griddle. This allows time to hydrate the oats and will make the texture of the pancakes lighter.
- You can use any type of “milk” in this recipe – regular, skim, almond, soy, cashew, lactose free, coconut
- Substitute pure maple syrup or brown sugar for the honey.
- Great add-ins while cooking: chocolate chips, blueberries, raspberries, banana slices, or white chocolate chips
- Top with maple syrup, homemade blueberry syrup, or spread with peanut butter or Nutella
SAVE THESE FLOURLESS PANCAKES TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Fluffy Flourless Pancakes mix up quickly in a blender or bowl, have a tender, light banana oatmeal texture, and are naturally gluten free.
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, if you are gluten free, you might want to get certified gluten free
- 2 1/2 cups milk, or non-dairy milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
Ideally, let the batter sit for 15-30 minutes to allow the oats to hydrate. I have cooked them right away, but the pancakes turn out better and fluffier if it sits. So just sit down with your coffee and read the paper. (Tell everyone it's mandatory...part of the recipe!)
Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick pan over medium heat. When hot pour batter onto griddle* and cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
Great add-ins while cooking: chocolate chips, blueberries, raspberries, banana slices, or white chocolate chips
Top with maple syrup, homemade blueberry syrup, or spread with peanut butter or Nutella
My griddle works with out using any oil to cook the pancakes. If you find your pancakes sticking, you can use butter, cooking spray, or coconut oil.
You can halve the recipe if you don't need as many. I like to put the extras in a gallon freezer bag to use for weekday breakfasts.
Recipe adapted from Mountain Mama Cooks
❊SHOP THE RECIPE❊
Here are some items I used to make this recipe:
OTHER RECIPES TO LOVE:
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you – which helps justify to my family all the time I spend on the computer.