Learn how to make the best rosé spritzer cocktail with an easy and refreshing recipe. Not only does it combine the perfect ratio or ingredients, but includes many creative ideas to take your wine cocktail to the next level! Choose between adding a splash of Aperol, elderflower liqueur, or many other flavor enhancers all shared right here!
Nothing beats a refreshing summer drink to make you feel like you’re on vacation, even at home! Rose spritzers combine two of my favorite cocktails – rose sangria and an aperol spritz – to make a wine cocktail with the perfect combination of fruit, effervescence, and a tinge of sweet.
Whether you are sipping at home, making a pitcher for a crowd, or adding these to a home wine tasting party, a rosé spritzer recipe is guaranteed to hit the mark! Not only does it include the perfect ratio of ingredients, but includes many creative additions and ideas to make a drink perfect for gatherings, summer sips, or celebrations!
A rosé spritz may be enjoyed with simply wine and soda, or add an additional flavor enhancers, like Aperol, elderflower liqueur, and/ or fresh fruit. Be sure to check out the optional additions to turn a rose wine cocktail into many different versions!
If have any types of leftover wine, prosecco, or champagne, use this recipe to make either a red wine spritzer or white wine spritzer as well.
- Rosé wine – Use your favorite brand, but a more moderately priced bottle works great! Save the expensive rosé for sipping! I prefer a dry rosé spritz, but any sweetness will work. The
- Bubbles – Traditionally spritzers are made with club soda. However, lemon-lime soda or ginger ale works too. See the substitutes for soda water for additional options.
- Flavor enhancers – Although spritzers may be simply wine and soda, I prefer to add a splash of Aperol or elderflower liqueur for a more complex flavor.
- Garnish – Enjoy as is, with a fresh strawberry, other berries, lemon slices, or an herbal touch, like fresh rosemary, thyme, or sprig of mint. This makes an especially beautiful presentation for guests.
How to make a rose spritzer
It doesn’t have to be complicated to make the perfect drink! A spritz can be made as needed, or see below for how to make ahead in a pitcher.
- Fill a stemless wine glass, cocktail tumbler, or wine glass with ice. Add the rose wine and Aperol or elderflower, if using.
- Pour in the soda water and give a brief stir. Add any garnishes or fruit, and enjoy!
I throw in whatever I have on hand, like fresh or frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or even watermelon chunks. The fruit soaks up the flavors and makes a delicious treat at the end.
Optional Additions and Ideas
Adding a bit of Aperol or elderflower liqueur makes a great flavor enhancement, but these may be left out if you don’t have them on hand or just would rather not.
Plus, there are many other ways to enhance a rose wine spritzer. Try experimenting with any of these added to your wine cocktail!
- Simple syrup for a sweeter cocktail, or try a flavored one, such as strawberry, blueberry, citrus, or ginger simple syrup.
- Pureed fruits, such as watermelon, honeydew, or strawberries
- Muddled berries, such as blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries
- Frozen blended fruits to make a frozen wine spritzer.
- Muddle herbs, such as mint or basil, in the bottom of the glass before adding the cocktail.
- Instead of plain ice cubes, freeze trays of wine with fresh berries or lemon slices for a beautiful and tasty addition!
Making in a pitcher
It’s also possible to make a pitcher of rose spritz for a crowd! A pitcher will make about 8 drinks. Pour a bottle of wine in a pitcher with 1 cup Aperol or elderflower, and 2 cups soda water. Stir and pour over glasses filled with ice.
Substitutes for soda water
For a sweeter drink substitute ginger ale or lemon-lime soda for the club soda. Tonic water also works well and adds a bit of sweetness. To mimic the soda water’s neutral flavor, replace with sparkling water, such as Pellegrino.
More refreshing cocktail recipes
Save this rose spritzer to your PINTEREST board!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
Best Rose Spritzer Cocktail (Easy Ideas!)
- Fill a stemless wine glass, cocktail tumbler, or wine glass with ice.
- Add the rose wine and aperol or elderflower, if using. Pour in the soda water and give a brief stir. Add any garnishes or fruit, and enjoy!
Making in a pitcherA pitcher will make about 8 drinks. Pour a bottle of wine in a pitcher with 1 cup Aperol or elderflower, and 2 cups soda water. Stir and pour over glasses filled with ice.
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.