Spiked Lemon Shake-Up Cocktail is your classic vodka lemonade drink brought to the next level. It’s still quick and easy to throw together, but has a fresher taste, just like those timeless lemon shake-ups enjoyed at fairs and festivals.
Fair favorite lemon shake-up!
If you always make a stop at your local fair’s lemon shake-up stand, then you will love this spiked adult version with vodka! It’s a hit for grill outs and parties and tastes exactly like everyone’s favorite of the summer!
- Citrus vodka – Using a citrus vodka, such as Smirnoff Citrus or Absolut Citron gives an extra boost of lemon taste without having to squeeze a lot of lemon juice.
- Limoncello – Similar to the vodka, it adds another layer of bright citrus
- Simple Syrup – A one-to-one combination of sugar and water that has been dissolved, makes the sweetener easier to combine into the drink. If you’d rather substitute granulated sugar, use 1 tablespoon per drink. Alternatively, adjust the sugar to taste.
- Lemon juice – Since you have the citrus vodka and limoncellos, spiked lemon-shake ups only require one ounce of fresh lemon juice.
- Soda water – Gives a bit of fizz and mellows out the drink.
How to make a spiked lemon shake-up
- In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka, limoncello, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Add ice and shake very vigorously to combine.
- Pour in a glass, filled with ice, and top with soda water.
For a large gathering or party, it’s best to squeeze a supply of lemon juice beforehand. I use my electric citrus press to make this task quicker and easier, but any sort of citrus juicer will do. Store refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.
Yes. Make a big batch beforehand, leaving out the soda water. When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice and top with soda water.
To make a lemon shake-up pitcher combine 2 1/4 cups citrus vodka, 6 ounces limoncello, 6 ounces simple syrup, and 6 ounces lemon juice. Store refrigerated, without ice. When ready to serve pour in a glass over ice and top with 4 ounces soda water.
No. If you don’t have simple syrup on hand, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar may be substituted. However, be sure to shake vigorously because sugar will be harder to dissolve than syrup.
more fresh cocktail recipes!
Save this lemon shake-up recipe to your pinterest board!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
Spiked Lemon Shake-Up Cocktail
- 2 ounces citrus vodka
- 1 ounce limoncello liquor
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces soda water
- In a cocktail shaker pour citrus vodka, limoncello, simple syrup, and lemon juice. Fill with ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour contents, with ice, into a large glass. Top with soda, give a brief stir, and enjoy!
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON'T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING AND COMMENT BELOW!
Frequently Asked Questions
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you.