With only five ingredients and effortless preparation, it’s hard to believe just how favorable these Roasted Parmesan Ranch Potatoes are. Roasted Parmesan Ranch Potatoes will be your new side dish stand out because they’re simple, hands-off, and so addictive!
Not realizing how good they have it comes with the territory of being a kid. Food simply materializes before them, B.S. like insurance, deductibles, or taxes aren’t on their radar, and energy is in such abundance they can run or bounce everywhere they want to go.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I’m some crusty curmudgeon who holds their wistful innocence against them.
I’m more of the begrudgingly jealous type.
I long to live by my three year old’s motto, When the going gets tough, it’s time to check out and take a nap.
Elliot likes to employ the fainting goat’s defense when life becomes too overwhelming. If he finds himself in some sort of challenging circumstance, he’ll pass out right there on the spot.
For instance, instead of serving time in the time-out chair and owning up to his consequence, he opted to snooze on the cold, slate floor.
Then there was that “oh crap” moment when he found he had literally crapped his pants. That can be a tricky situation to dig yourself out of when you’re three. Why not just contemplate your next move while dozing on the bathroom rug?
Dinnertime can be a real chore too. Our meals don’t operate like a buffet line where you can choose to only load up only on canned peaches and chocolate pudding. You eat what’s served, and in this case, Elliot really wasn’t feeling the watermelon. We balanced the trivet on his head to gauge if was faking his way out of it or truly overcome by unappetizing fruit.
I’ll admit, in his defense, I was prematurely excited about watermelon being on sale, and the flavor didn’t quite deliver. So sleep it off, Buddy, and I’ll try not to be salty about cleaning ranch dressing off everything instead of checking out myself under the table.
Best Crispy Oven Baked Fries with Fry Sauce – Takes all the tips out there on achieving perfectly baked fries and combines them into one easy-to-follow recipe.
Cheesy Loaded Potatoes Hasselback – Easy, yet elegant, recipe for potatoes hasselback, loaded with cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green onions.
Roasted Parmesan Ranch Potatoes
Roasted Parmesan Ranch Potatoes
- 1 1 ounce package ranch salad dressing mix (read label to make sure it's gluten free), divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
- 4 large russet potatoes, each sliced in 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Evenly divide ranch salad dressing mix, parmesan cheese, and seasoned salt between TWO gallon-sized ziplock bags. Shake to combine ingredients and set aside.
- On two baking sheets place 2 tablespoons of butter on each. Place sheets in preheated oven for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove from oven and tilt pans so butter is evenly covering bottom of pans. Set aside.
- Place potato wedges in a colander and run water over them to moisten. Divide moisten potatoes between the two ziplock bags and shake to evenly distribute seasonings. Lay the seasoned potatoes on the buttered baking sheets with one flat side of the potato facing down.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flip potatoes over to other flat side, and bake for 15-20 minutes more, or until golden brown and crispy. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON'T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING AND COMMENT BELOW!❉