It couldn’t be easier, or more delicious, to make this easy BBQ ranch sauce or dressing. Find the best recipe below along with tasty barbecue ranch variations and creative uses!
While most ingredients are common kitchen items, you may have to pick up a packet of ranch seasoning mix. If you are in desperate need of emergency barbecue ranch sauce (been there), a homemade seasoning substitute is included below.
- Mayonnaise – Use regular or light to save calories
- Sour Cream – Same as mayo, may use regular or light
- BBQ sauce – Choose a favorite bbq sauce, but I love Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. Use a traditional thick sauce, rather than a vinegar or mustard based one.
- Ranch seasoning mix – I use Hidden Valley Ranch brand, but see recipe below to make a homemade seasoning
- Milk – Adjust the amount depending if you are using it for a dipping sauce (less) or salad dressing (more).
how to make bbq ranch
Making ranch bbq couldn’t be easier! Simply mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and use as a sauce or homemade dressing. It makes 1 ½ cups dipping sauce or 2 cups dressing. Store in the fridge up to one week in an airtight container.
If you are really in a hurry, simply mix together equal parts prepared buttermilk ranch dressing and bbq sauce. The sauce will have a thinner consistency, but is still delicious!
To vary the flavor and taste, make honey bbq ranch by adding 1 tablespoon honey or use a honey barbecue sauce. To make spicy bbq ranch, add 1-2 teaspoons sriracha or use a spicy bbq sauce.
Barbeque ranch dressing
To make BBQ ranch dressing you will have to adjust the amount of milk. I recommend using at least 2% milk. If you only have skim or whole on hand, those will work, but result in a thinner or richer dressing.
Uses for bbq ranch
This easy sauce recipe doubles as a dip or add additional milk for a tasty salad dressing!
- french fries
- chicken fingers
- pizza sauce
- vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc)
- grilled chicken breast
- salads (Find the bbq ranch salad picture below in my gluten-free cookbook!)
- roasted potatoes
- lettuce wraps
- chicken wings
is hidden valley ranch gluten-free?
According the company’s website, their ranch seasoning mix does not contain any ingredients containing gluten. The allergens listed are milk and soy, and the package is labeled as “gluten free” and “keto.”
substituting homemade ranch seasoning
If you would like to make ranch and bbq sauce without the seasoning packet, it is possible to mix together a from scratch seasoning using dried herbs. This ranch seasoning from Sweet Peas and Saffron uses commonly stocked spices.
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
SAVE THIS recipe for BBq Ranch TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
5 Minute BBQ Ranch (Sauce or Dressing)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix, I recommend Hidden Valley Ranch
- 2-8 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo, sour cream, barbecue sauce, and ranch seasoning mix.
- Add milk to a desired consistency. Use 2-4 tablespoons for a thicker dipping sauce and ½-¾ cup for a dressing. Makes 1 ½ cups – 2 cups.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND RATE BELOW!
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.