Raspberry Cranberry Jello Salad recipe is an easy, festive dish to add to your Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday table. Raspberry jello is molded with cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple, and a hint of orange then topped with a creamsicle Cool Whip cream cheese topping.
Cran raspberry jello combines raspberry gelatin with cranberry relish, crushed pineapple, and chopped nuts for a bit of crunch. Serve in a 9X13 pan, or pour into a jello mold, and spread on the easy creamsicle Cool Whip, cream cheese topping.
- Raspberry Jello – Substitute cherry or strawberry flavors or, if available, use cranberry jello.
- Cranberry Sauce – Use canned whole berry cranberry sauce.
- Crushed Pineapple – Adding the juice with the fruit makes this recipe even simpler!
- Nuts – Mix chopped pecans or walnuts in the jello salad, and use for garnishing the top.
- Orange Zest – Just like in Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail or Baked Cranberry Brie, orange and cranberry flavors are a match made in heaven!
How To Make Raspberry Cranberry jello recipe
Whipping up an easy jello salad is such an essential traditional around the holidays. Typically our Thanksgiving or Christmas tables are adorned with some sort of jello recipe, such as this cranberry jello, Orange Jello Salad or Jello Salad with Cream Cheese.
- Place the raspberry gelatin in a bowl and pour in boiling water. Stir to dissolve and then mix in cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple, orange zest, and nuts.
- Stir in cold water and pour into a 9X13 pan or jello mold. Chill in the refrigerator until solid, at least 6 hours to overnight.
- For topping beat together softened cream cheese with orange zest. Fold in the whipped topping and spread over set jello. Garnish with more chopped nuts.
frequently asked questions:
How far in advance can I make cranberry jello salad?
Make cranberry jello salad up to 2-3 days in advance. Just be sure to cover securely so it doesn’t take on any odors in your refrigerator.
What else can be added?
Old fashioned cranberry jello salad usually contains chopped celery and walnuts inside for an added crunch. Fresh chopped apples would also make a great addition.
Add up to 2 cups of extras into the jello before refrigerating.
Can this be made in a jello mold?
For jello slices a 9X13 pan works best, but you have options! Alternatively use a large glass bowl or jello mold. Spread the topping on after it has set or top individual servings with the cream cheese mixture as it is served.
Can I use a different flavor jello?
Yes. If cranberry jello is available that may be used or substitute cherry or strawberry jello for the raspberry.
What kind of liquids can be used?
After the boiling water dissolves the jello, add additional liquid to cool the mixture down and bring it to the right consistency. Cold water, apple juice, orange juice, or cranberry juice may be used.
More holiday side Recipes
- Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing
- Frozen Fruit Salad
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
- Harvest Salad
- Pumpkin Pie Cake
SAVE THIS RASPBERRY CRANBERRY JELLO SALAD TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
Raspberry Cranberry Jello Salad
- (2) 3 ounce packages raspberry flavored jello (or large 6 ounce box)
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¾ cup cold water (see recipe notes for alternatives)
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 14 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (about 2 oranges), divided
- ½ + ⅓ cup chopped pecans or walnuts, divided
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounce Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- Place gelatin in a large bowl. Pour in 1 cup boiling and stir until jello is dissolved. Mix in cold water, crushed pineapple, cranberry sauce, 1 teaspoon orange zest, and ½ cup chopped nuts until evenly blended.
- Pour into a 9X13 glass pan and refrigerated until set, about 6 hours to overnight.
- For topping, beat together softened cream cheese with remaining 1 teaspoon orange zest. Stir in half the whipped topping until well blended, then gently fold in the rest. Spread topping evenly on jello and sprinkle with remaining ⅓ cup nuts.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND RATE BELOW!
What else can be added?Old fashioned cranberry jello salad usually contains chopped celery and walnuts inside for an added crunch. Fresh chopped apples would also make a great addition. Add up to 2 cups of extras into the jello before refrigerating.
Using other liquidsInstead of adding cold water, orange juice, apple juice, or cranberry juice may be used for additional flavor.
How far in advance can I make cranberry jello salad?Make cranberry jello salad up to 2-3 days in advance. Just be sure to cover securely so it doesn't take on any odors in your refrigerator.
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.