The Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad is such an easy jello salad recipe you’ll be blown away by how creamy and delicious it is! You only need 5 minutes and 2 ingredients to pull off this jello salad. If you need a quick and painless side dish for your upcoming holiday meal, you will love this recipe!
I’m not exactly sure how they do it in other parts of the country, but here in the Midwest, we consider jello salad an essential food group. As far back as I can remember, holiday meals consisted of a main dish, rolls, potatoes, vegetable casseroles, and, of course, jello salad as our “fruit.”
Jello salad is such a fundamental side dish, many midwestern households stock individual serving vessels solely devoted to serving it. God forbid the jello salad gets plopped down next to the mashed potatoes. It must be held in separate stemmed glass dishes, holding court at the top of the dinner plates.
The fancy serving dishes provide another purpose for my mother. Otherwise there’d be no visual cue for her to jump up halfway through the meal exclaiming, “Shoot! I forgot about the jello salad!”
Plenty of times, though, small, empty glass bowls weren’t enough to jog her memory. (Perhaps because she rarely sits down to her plate at meals?) Often the jello salad was forgotten altogether at dinner and we were forced to eat it with dessert. Pure anarchy.
Our family doesn’t like to be pigeon-holed into one jello salad recipe. My mom seems to get really hot on a particular jello for a few years and then it’s on to the next dynasty. The Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad is the latest craze. This recipe has been making a lot of strong appearances lately for good reason. It’s insanely good and stupid easy to make.
After our family recently devoured it (again), I asked my mom for the recipe. The dutifully transcribed email that followed wasn’t entirely necessary. She could have simply verbalized the recipe in the time it took for me to slurp through my “fruit.”
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE JELLO SALAD
The complexity of this recipe falls along similar lines as my Boiled Salt Potatoes – my 6 year old could pull it off. Dissolve the jello in boiling water, add a package of cream cheese, mix, add a little cold water, and you are done. Two ingredients, 5 minutes, a little refrigeration time, and you have an excuse to break out the fancy jello bowls.
WHAT TO ADD TO THE BEST RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE JELLO SALAD TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER
- Vodka – Jello shots anyone? Reduce the boiling water to 1 3/4 cups and pour in 1 cup of vanilla or raspberry vodka after the cream cheese is mixed in. Pour into these little nifty containers and your jello shot party is portable!
- Fresh, frozen, or canned fruit – Set the jello in the refrigerator to partially set (approximately 60-90 minutes). Once it’s the consistency of unbeaten egg whites, stir in about 1 cup of fruit. The fruit should be well drained so it doesn’t add extra liquid, which will prevent the jello from setting. Fresh pineapple will also prevent the jello from setting, but drained canned or crushed pineapple is fine (weird jello-science I cannot explain).
- Try out other flavors – Lime, Orange (Creamsicle), or Strawberry jello would all be equally fantastic.
- Top it – Add Cool Whip, homemade whipped cream, or miniature marshmallows mixed with sour cream as a topping.
- Go nuts and make a parfait – In individual serving dishes layer The Best Raspberry Cream Jello Salad, fresh fruit, cool whip, marshmallows, and coconut.
SAVE THE BEST RASPBERRY JELLO SALAD TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning great recipes!
The Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad is such an easy jello salad recipe you'll be blown away by how creamy and delicious it is! You only need 5 minutes and 2 ingredients to pull off this jello salad. If you need a quick and painless side dish for your upcoming holiday meal, you will love this recipe!
- 6 oz. box raspberry jello
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, light or regular
- 2 cups boiling water
Pour jello into a medium sized bowl. Add 2 cups of boiling water and stir to dissolve.
Add block of cream cheese to dissolved, hot jello and use hand mixer (or alternatively, blender) to throughly combine until smooth and lumps are no longer visible* (will take a couple minutes to mix).
Add 3/4 cup cold water. Stir and pour into individual cups or serving bowl. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
*When I used light cream cheese, the tiny white lumps never fully mixed. Upon setting, though, they weren't noticeable. Just mix it as well as you can.
❊SHOP THE RECIPE❊
Here are some items I used to make this recipe:
OTHER RECIPES TO LOVE:
MORE RELATED RECIPES:
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you – which helps justify to my family all the time I spend on the computer. Read full disclosure policy here.