The best almond flour blondies recipe makes thick, soft and chewy blonde brownies dotted with gobs of gooey melted chocolate. With a classic blondie taste, no one will realize this dessert is actually grain-free, gluten-free, with an easy dairy-free option!
gluten-free almond flour blondies recipe
Chewy, soft almond flour blondies deserve their own spotlight with reason to shine! While fudgy almond flour brownies are ideal when you desire a chocolate treat, blonde brownies combine caramel, butterscotch goodness with gobs of melted chips.
Blondies made with almond flour have some added bonus health and taste benefits. Almond flour recipes are lower in carbs and have a higher amount of protein. Plus, it has a slightly sweet, nutty taste that pairs perfectly in baked goods.
If you do not have almond flour on hand, but are still craving that crackly buttery crust and soft gooey chocolate chip bar cookie, try equally delish gluten free blondies!
Ingredient Notes and substitutions
Similar to oatmeal cookies made with almond flour, this blondie recipe requires simple ingredients, such as butter, sugar, eggs, and chocolate chips. However, there are various substitutions to make the dessert allergen-friendly as well.
- Almond flour – Use blanched almond flour, rather than almond meal for this recipe. Unblanched meal results in a coarser texture. This works better in baking recipes, such as banana almond flour muffins.
- Butter – A reduced amount of butter is used since almond flour contains a lot of moisture and fat. For dairy-free blondies, use melted coconut oil or vegan butter sticks.
- Sugar – A combination of brown sugar plus granulates sugar helps with structure and caramel flavor. For keto blondies, replace all the sugar with keto brown sugar or substitute coconut sugar for paleo blondies.
- Chocolate chips – Use any preferred baking chips, such as dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet, milk, butterscotch, chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips, or dairy-free chocolate chips.
how to make almond flour blondies
(Below shows step-by-step photos and modified instructions. For the complete recipe, along with ingredient amounts, scroll down to the recipe card.)
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, melted butter, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients – almond flour, baking soda, salt, optional walnuts, and chocolate chips. I like to add half the chips in the mixture and save the remaining to sprinkle on top before baking. The batter will be thinner than cookie dough.
- Spread the blondie batter in a greased 8X8-inch baking pan. If you would like to remove the baked blondies for cutting, line the baking dish with parchment paper to lift out after cooling.
- Place in a 350ºF oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is set.
dairy free adaptation
For gluten-free and dairy-free almond flour blonde brownies, replace the butter with melted vegan butter or use coconut oil. If using plant-based butter, decrease the amount of salt to 1/4 teaspoon.
For the chocolate chips, use dairy-free baking chips, such as Enjoy Life brand.
This recipe makes a 8X8-inch pan of blondies, which serves about nine people. However, the recipe ingredients may be doubled and baked in 9X13-inch. The baking time might increase by a couple minutes.
more almond flour desserts
SAVE THIS recipe for almond flour blondies TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
Almond Flour Blondies
- 2 tablespoons melted butter see recipe notes for dairy-free
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, see recipe notes for substitutes
- ¼ cup granulated sugar see recipe notes for substitutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips, (I use a mixture of miniature and regular)
- ¼ cup (optional) chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 8X8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with an oversized piece of parchment paper to lift blondies out of pan after cooling.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Stir in the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and half the chocolate chips (I stir in the miniature chips so they don't sink to the bottom of the pan), and optional nuts (these may also be sprinkled on top).
- Spread in the prepared pan and sprinkle on remaining chocolate chips and/or nuts. Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND RATE BELOW!
Dairy-Free AdaptationReplace the butter with melted vegan butter or use coconut oil. If using plant-based butter, decrease the amount of salt to 1/4 teaspoon. For the chocolate chips, use dairy-free baking chips, such as Enjoy Life brand.
Sugar SubstitutesFor keto blondies, replace all the sugar with keto brown sugar or substitute coconut sugar for paleo blondies.
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.