Discover 30+ of the best gluten free zucchini recipes to break you out of that zucchini bread rut! Here you will find the most popular gluten free recipes with summer squash, including breads, muffins, savory dinners, quick side dishes, and more!
Why use zucchini in gluten free recipes?
If you have an abundance of zucchini (also known as courgettes), you may want to shred, chop, or dice it into everything. Go for it! Using squash in gluten free recipes has many benefits, such as…
- High water content adds moisture, helping gluten free baked goods which tend to have a drier texture.
- It’s an extremely affordable way replace expensive gluten-free ingredients, such as speciality pasta noodles and flour.
- A nutritious and low carb way to replace the bulk of flour in breads, muffins, and cakes.
- Zucchini’s mild flavor helps it pair with a variety of ingredients, such as chocolate, cheese, citrus, fruit, and tomatoes.
- Like applesauce or bananas, summer squash is a healthier alternative to oil, while maintaining a moist texture.
Gluten free zucchini bread, muffins, & more
The most popular gluten free recipe for zucchini comes in the form of bread. A tried-and-true zucchini bread full of spiced goodness will always be a crowd-pleaser, but expand your taste buds with various muffins and more!
- Best Gluten Free Zucchini Bread – Moist, dairy free, and gluten free recipe that can be turned into muffins as well
- Almond Flour Zucchini Bread – Grain free and flourless bread loaded with protein and no refined sugar
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread – One bowl quick bread with a cinnamon sugar topping
- Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes – Four ingredients makes a savory breakfast or snack
- Pepperoni Zucchini Muffins – Low carb, keto-friendly snack
- Flourless Zucchini Savory Breakfast Muffins – Make ahead recipe, low in calories, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins – Paleo, dairy-free, with a vegan option
- Courgette Waffles – A healthier way to enjoy breakfast waffles
Using squash in dinner recipes not only has added health benefits, such as a big dose of vitamin A and antioxidants, but also provides a naturally gluten-free, low carb, and keto-friendly swap for carb-laden ingredients.
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats Casserole with Italian Sausage and Quinoa – Mix up a yummy quinoa base right in your baking dish, then top with sausage-filled, stuffed zucchini boats.
- Cheesy One Pan Zucchini Taco Skillet – Perfect for an easy weeknight meal!
- Zucchini Basil Chicken Burgers – No more boring burgers with these GF, dairy-free, paleo, and Whole 30 friendly recipe.
- Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Noodles – Healthy, low carb dinner ready to serve in 10 minutes!
- Zucchini Tart Pizza – Almond flour crust filled with a creamy herbed filling and sliced zucchini.
- Thai Zucchini Noodles with Peanut Sauce – Medley of fresh, crunch, colorful vegetables, drizzled with a delicious peanut sauce.
- Zucchini Black Bean Tacos – Quick and easy weeknight meal and a great way to use up summer squash!
- Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Zucchini Meatballs – Stuffed with ground turkey, cheddar cheese, and Italian seasoning cooked on the stovetop.
- Cheesy Hasselback Zucchini Pizzas – Skip the crust to make a quick, easy, low carb meal!
From lemon and garlic, to balsamic and pesto, fresh zucchini pairs with endless flavors to compliment any meal!
- Parmesan Zucchini Fritters – Make gluten-free parmesan zucchini pancakes for a savory snack or side dish using only four simple ingredients!
- Zucchini Fries – With a golden parmesan, almond flour breading these are not only crispy and flavorful, but healthy, low carb, and keto-friendly.
- Lemon Garlic Sauteed Zucchini – In little as five minutes you’ll have a healthy, yet richly flavorful, zucchini recipe ready to enjoy!
- Golden Seasoned Roasted Zucchini – Flavored with garlic and seasonings for a healthy side dish everyone will devour!
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini – Uses a handful of staple kitchen ingredients for a marinade, cooks on the grill in minutes, and is topped with fresh lemon and parmesan.
- Zucchini Chips – Garlic flavored, made in the air fryer, and completely addicting!
- Zucchini Tots – Get picky eaters to eat their vegetables with this irresistible dish!
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fritters – Flavored with feta, dill, and scallions to make a healthier version of zucchini patties with no flour.
- Spiralized Zucchini Caprese Salad – A delicious dish with zucchini, sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella pearls, all drizzled with herby basil pesto.
- Warm Zucchini Salad – Loaded with grilled red peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil, dressed in a balsamic vinaigrette.
Try one of these zucchini desserts as a creative way to end a meal or bring an irresistible dish to a summer picnic.
- Buckeye Zucchini Brownies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Zucchini Cake with Blueberries
- Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Carrot Zucchini Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Chia Pudding
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
expert tips when using zucchini in recipes
Choose the right sized zucchini or squash for cooking, while saving larger zucchini for baking recipes. For cooking, harvest zucchini, or buy, when it is 5-7 inches long. Otherwise it can be tasteless or bitter.
To avoid mushy zucchini, cut out the seed core, leaving only the flesh and skin around it. When the seeds come in contact with heat they automatically soften and can become spongy.
Gluten free flour doesn’t absorb liquids as readily, so coupled with squash’s high water content, means breads, muffins, brownies, and cakes will take slightly longer to bake.
When using shredded zucchini, lay it on a double layer of paper towels or clean dishcloth to absorb excess water before adding to recipes.
Save these gluten free zucchini recipes to your PINTEREST board!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.