Looking for an easy recipe to use up that summer zucchini or squash? Best Grilled Zucchini uses a handful of staple kitchen ingredients for a marinade, cooks on the grill in minutes, and is topped with fresh lemon and parmesan. This grilled zucchini recipe also includes directions on how to adapt for oven roasting as well.
During the summer months, my list of summer squash recipes is comparable to Forrest Gump’s shrimp dishes. It shows up at pretty much every dinner, either sautéed, roasted, grilled, or in zucchini pancakes.
The kids are slightly more exuberant about it when we enjoy it for breakfast, like in Blueberry Zucchini Quick Bread or zucchini muffins. I especially don’t hear any complaints when zucchini appears in desserts, like brownies and cakes.
I may have a problem. Or I might just be a zucchini guru?
You decide after making this Grilled Zucchini recipe. It has been the star side dish of the summer at our house because it’s super easy to throw together and I pretty much cook everything on the grill.
(Plus, it goes perfect with Grilled Parmesan Chicken. Hint, hint 😉)
How to Make Grilled Zucchini
- Cut each zucchini in long quarters vertically.
- In a large ziplock bag place all the marinade ingredients and shake to combine.
- Add zucchini to bag and mix together with marinade. Set aside while you preheat grill and grate parmesan.
- Grill zucchini and remove to a sheet pan. Immediately squeeze lemon juice over zucchini and sprinkle with fresh parmesan.
How Long Does it Take to Grill Zucchini or Squash?
It mostly depends on how you prefer it cooked. Three minutes per side will give it a charred exterior, but still crisp inside. If you prefer it to be cooked all the way through, leave it on for about 5-6 minutes per side.
How to Make Zucchini in the Oven
I’ve done this if I don’t have anything else to cook on the grill. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lay zucchini in a single layer on sheet pan and roast for about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven, squeeze on lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh parmesan.
SAVE THIS BEST GRILLED ZUCCHINI TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium zucchini or squash, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 lemon,
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large ziplock bag place olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shake to mix together marinade ingredients. Put in cut zucchini or squash and shake to toss with marinade. Set aside for 15-30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Oil grate and grill zucchini about 3-5 minutes per side or until charred and cooked. Remove grilled zucchini to a baking sheet. Immediately squeeze with fresh lemon juice and sprinkle hot zucchini with parmesan.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
❊SHOP THE RECIPE❊
Here are some items I used to make this recipe:
OTHER RECIPES TO LOVE:
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you – which helps justify to my family all the time I spend on the computer. Read full disclosure policy here.