It’s hard to believe four simple ingredients (zucchini, eggs, Bisquick, and parmesan) makes something as tasty as these healthy, easy Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes. Serve them with marinara or applesauce for dipping and the whole family will devour them!
Growing zucchini is kind of like having a newborn. In theory, it sounds like a good idea, but, when it’s all said and done, escaping Thunderdome is probably less taxing.
That is because when you grow your own zucchini, it goes from cute, small, and manageable to something you massively have to contend with in no time.
Then you’re left scouring all corners of the internet, investigating how to take care of this thing taking over your life.
That is when my kitchen transforms into a zucchini-making sweatshop. All summer long I’m spitting out zucchini muffins, zucchini bread, zucchini cake, grilled, roasted, sautéed zucchini, and a TON of these zucchini pancakes.
Zucchini pancakes is the recipe I come back to time and again because they are healthy, simple to whip up, and only take four ingredients to make – eggs, parmesan, grated zucchini, and Bisquick (I substitute Pamela’s Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix for mine).
How to Make Easy Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Whisk the eggs.
- Add baking mix and parmesan to eggs. Stir to combine.
- Grate zucchini.
- Stir grated zucchini to batter.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on buttered griddle.
- Flip and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
How to Serve Zucchini Pancakes
- Dipped in warm marinara
- Slathered with sour cream and applesauce
- Drizzled with honey
- An oldie, but goodie – butter
Can Zucchini Pancakes Be Frozen?
Of course, and this is another reason I love this recipe! When I have a lot of zucchini I need to use up, I double or triple the recipe and freeze what we don’t eat.
Make sure they are completely cooled (otherwise they will steam and cause ice crystals to form on them). To freeze, lay pancakes flat in a freezer ziplock bag.
To reheat the zucchini pancakes, set out on the counter for 30 minutes or microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes. After they are almost completely thawed, you can crisp them back up by heating in non-stick skillet or warm in toaster oven.
SAVE THESE EASY GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI PANCAKES RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Easy Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup gluten-free baking mix or Bisquick* (I use Pamela's Gluten-Free Baking Mix)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 cups grated zucchini, about 2 medium
- butter for greasing
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs together well. Stir in baking & pancake mix and parmesan until there are no lumps. Then stir in zucchini until well combined.
- Preheat griddle or non-stick skillet over medium heat. Swipe butter on the griddle and then drop 1/4 cup amounts of batter for each pancake on the hot pan. Use the spoon to flatter and spread the batter slightly and Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook 2-3 minutes more, or until golden.
❊SHOP THE RECIPE❊
Items used to make this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you.