Looking for a creative, red, white, and blue, show-stopping dessert recipe for a 4th of July party? Easy 4th of July Brownies taste amazing, look spectacular, but are completely manageable to pull off. No baking extraordinaire experience required!
Now’s the time to start scouring the internet for creative, fun 4th of July party recipes. Locating those red, white, and blue recipes doesn’t seem to be a problem.
Finding ones that will actually result in the perfected pictures can be more difficult to come across. (Not to mention a dessert that doesn’t resemble an American flag – it’s been done.)
These Easy 4th of July Brownies won’t result in a disappointing case of “Pinterest fail.” I want you to step into that holiday party with your confidence and swagger intact.
In fact, these brownies are so easy a 12 year old can make them. My daughter stepped in and created the design. (Evidently flag desserts flood Pinterest for good reason – only one thing came to my mind when staring at white frosting, strawberries, and blueberries).
So, if a 12 year old can make it happen, I have nothing but utter confidence in you.
Perhaps not only does making a patriotic dessert recipe fall outside your comfort zone, but so does making homemade brownies. It’s time we did some soul searching.
Why do you gravitate towards brownie mixes? It’s what you’ve always done? Seems to be easier? Really short on time?
All valid reasons. We’ve all been there.
Sometimes measuring extra ingredients can be just enough to put us over the edge. But do me a favor. Try making my favorite brownie recipe of all time, just once.
Put on some happy tunes and make some damn homemade brownies because you’re a badass like that.
Now it’s time to get down to business and turn those homemade brownies into 4th of July spectacular.
HOW TO DECORATE 4TH OF JULY BROWNIES:
Prepare brownies and bake in a greased 15 X 11 inch jellyroll pan. Cool completely.
Fluffy Whipped Cream Frosting:
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- If using heavy cream, beat in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream (or Cool Whip) into cream cheese mixture.
- Dollop on brownies (reserving 1/2 cup for decorative edge) and gently spread evenly.
- Cut tops off of strawberries and slice each lengthwise. Use 5 best slices for each “star” on brownies. (See photo at top of post for placement.)
- Place 1-2 blueberries in middle of each “star.”
- Use blueberries to make “tails” STARTING FROM “STARS” and leading to corner. TIP: Only have blueberry “tails” coming from first and last “star.” Leave the middle “star” as is.
- Pipe a small swirls of remaining frosting in about 1.5″ increments around edge. Place blueberry on top of each swirl.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING EASY 4TH OF JULY BROWNIES:
- Instead of whipping heavy cream separate and folding it into the Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting, substitute 2 cups thawed Cool Whip topping.
- When decorating, place the strawberry “stars” on the brownies first and then make the blueberry “tails” coming from them. Otherwise, you might place the blueberries and realize you don’t have enough space for the “stars.”
- I use this decorating kit all the time for quick little frosting decorations. Alternatively, use a small plastic baggie with a corner snipped off. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just something for the blueberry to sit on.
- Or, don’t mess with the decorating tip at all. Just line the edge with some more fresh blueberries and call it a day.
SAVE THESE EASY 4TH OF JULY BROWNIES TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
Easy 4th of July Brownies
- 1 9 X 13 brownie mix or recipe, I always use Stop Looking Brownie Recipe
Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream (or 2 cups Cool Whip)
- 6-7 fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- In a bowl beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- If using heavy cream, pour into a separate clean, large bowl. Beat on high until it holds shape and peaks form, about 3-4 minutes. Fold whipped cream (or Cool Whip) into cream cheese mixture until no streaks remain.
- Set aside 1/2 cup frosting if you want to pipe a decorative edge. Dollop cream cheese frosting all over cooled brownies and then gently spread. TIP: Evenly dispersing dollops all over first will avoid spreading frosting around too much and pulling up brownie crumbs into frosting.
How to Decorate 4th of July Brownies:
- Cut tops off strawberries and then slice lengthwise. Use 5 best slices for each of strawberry "stars." Refer to recipe picture for placement. TIP: Arrange stars on brownies first before arranging blueberries. Place 1-2 blueberries in middle of strawberry "stars."
- Use blueberries to arch "tails" from strawberry "stars," ending in one corner point. TIP: Only have blueberry “tails” coming from first and last “star.” Leave the middle “star” as is.
- If decorating edge, put remaining cream cheese frosting in decorating bottle or piping bag. Pipe small swirls placed about 1.5" apart around edge. Place a blueberry on top of each swirl. Refrigerated leftovers.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.