Blackberry Martinis are the perfect way to celebrate! This refreshing and easy martini recipe combines fresh blackberries, vodka, citrus, and a sparkling finish.
It’s a little known secret that our family claims fame to a superstar. My brother-in-law, Dr. John, is esteemed and renowned in the tri-state area for his exemplary skill set.
People far and wide have been dazzled and bewitched by Dr. John’s attention to his craft and his willingness to sacrifice everything he has…in hopes of making the perfect cocktail.
Sure, Dr. John has probably saved countless lives on the operating table, but his real kudos come from refined mixology skills.
A couple weeks ago I received this text from John…
Thought I would share with you what Julie says is the best drink I have ever made. Blackberry Martini
That is quite a statement. My sister, Julie, doesn’t mince words when it comes to John’s drinks. Failed attempts are never sugar coated with feigned sentiments of encouragement.
Because who has wants to waste calories or spirits on a subpar cocktail?? Not that girl.
What Makes Blackberry Martini The Best Drink Ever?
The perfect drink has to hit some essential caveats – fruit, citrus, sweet, but too sweet, and the desire to keep coming back for more.
Blackberry martinis also have the added bonus of bubbly finish. A Prosecco floater on top sets it off with a touch of dryness to offset the sweet and provides a refreshing sparkle.
How to Make Blackberry Martini
- First make the blackberry simple syrup. Place fresh blackberries in a saucepan with sugar and water. Boil for a few minutes then use a mesh strainer to strain liquid.
- Combine blackberry simple syrup, fresh lemon juice, elderflower liqueur and vodka in a martini shaker. Fill with ice, shake to combine, and stain into a martini glass.
- Top martini with a Prosecco floater on top and enjoy!
Click here to see the
step-by-step web story instructions for this recipe!
Other Legendary Drinks Crafted By the Best Mixologist Ever
- Dr. Feelgood’s Grapefruit Cocktail (Plus learn more about Dr. John and his mad scientist techniques)
- Pear Ginger Cocktail
- Blackberry Crush
- More Cocktail Recipes…
SAVE THIS BLACKBERRY MARTINI TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce blackberry simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur (such as St. Germain)
- 1/2 ounce fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Prosecco, for floater
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan combine blackberries, sugar, and water. Mash blackberries with a muddler, potato masher, or fork. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Use a mesh strainer to strain solids from simple syrup. Set strained syrup aside to cool slightly. Blackberry Simple Syrup makes enough for 6 martinis.
- In a cocktail shaker place vodka, 1 ounce blackberry simple syrup, elderflower liqueur, and lemon juice. DO NOT POUR IN PROSECCO YET. Fill with ice, shake, then strain into a martini glass. Top Blackberry Martini with Prosecco and serve.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
Did you make this recipe? Tag @mamagourmand on Instagram and hashtag #mamagourmand. I love to see your creations!
❊SHOP THE RECIPE❊
Items used to make this recipe:
Martini Glasses Cocktail Shaker Mesh Strainer
This drink was a hit with family. I have made this drink twice now. I increased the lemon juice to 1 ounce per drink and I think that struck a better balance.
Thank you so much for writing and sharing. I will give that a try next time and adjust the recipe accordingly!
That does really sound incredible, I love blackberry anything and I LOVE elderflower liqueur. Thank you for sharing and Happy New Year to you! 🙂
Thanks Nicole! We enjoyed a lot (too many) of these over New Years. They went down a little too easy 😉
Could not possibly blame you, I would have done the same thing. Cheers! 🙂