Blackberry Martinis are the perfect way to celebrate! This refreshing and easy martini recipe combines fresh blackberries, vodka, citrus, and a sparkling finish.
It’s a little known secret that our family claims fame to a superstar. My brother-in-law, Dr. John, is esteemed and renowned in the tri-state area for his exemplary skill set.
People far and wide have been dazzled and bewitched by Dr. John’s attention to his craft and his willingness to sacrifice everything he has…in hopes of making the perfect cocktail.
Sure, Dr. John has probably saved countless lives on the operating table, but his real kudos come from refined mixology skills.
A couple weeks ago I received this text from John…
Thought I would share with you what Julie says is the best drink I have ever made. Blackberry Martini
That is quite a statement. My sister, Julie, doesn’t mince words when it comes to John’s drinks. Failed attempts are never sugar coated with feigned sentiments of encouragement.
Because who has wants to waste calories or spirits on a subpar cocktail?? Not that girl.
What Makes Blackberry Martini The Best Drink Ever?
The perfect drink has to hit some essential caveats – fruit, citrus, sweet, but too sweet, and the desire to keep coming back for more.
Blackberry martinis also have the added bonus of bubbly finish. A Prosecco floater on top sets it off with a touch of dryness to offset the sweet and provides a refreshing sparkle.
How to Make Blackberry Martini
- First make the blackberry simple syrup. Place fresh blackberries in a saucepan with sugar and water. Boil for a few minutes then use a mesh strainer to strain liquid.
- Combine blackberry simple syrup, fresh lemon juice, elderflower liqueur and vodka in a martini shaker. Fill with ice, shake to combine, and stain into a martini glass.
- Top martini with a Prosecco floater on top and enjoy!
Other Legendary Drinks Crafted By the Best Mixologist Ever
- Dr. Feelgood’s Grapefruit Cocktail (Plus learn more about Dr. John and his mad scientist techniques)
- Pear Ginger Cocktail
- Blackberry Crush
- More Cocktail Recipes…
SAVE THIS BLACKBERRY MARTINI TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Blackberry Martinis are a refreshing and easy martini recipe that combines fresh blackberries, vodka, citrus, and a sparkling finish.
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce blackberry simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur (such as St. Germain)
- 1/2 ounce fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Prosecco, for floater
Use a mesh strainer to strain solids from simple syrup. Set strained syrup aside to cool slightly. Blackberry Simple Syrup makes enough for 6 martinis.
In a cocktail shaker place vodka, 1 ounce blackberry simple syrup, elderflower liqueur, and lemon juice. DO NOT POUR IN PROSECCO YET. Fill with ice, shake, then strain into a martini glass. Top Blackberry Martini with Prosecco and serve.
OTHER RECIPES TO LOVE: