Looking for that perfect fresh Strawberry Salad recipe? This easy salad layers fresh greens, juicy strawberries, toasted nuts, and creamy cheese all covered with tangy, sweet vinaigrette dressing.
Fresh and Easy Strawberry Salad Recipe
If you want a recipe to go over like gangbusters, serve a strawberry salad. Whether its a strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing, strawberry pretzel salad, or this easy, fresh Strawberry Salad, guests are guaranteed to clean it up!
I particularly love this strawberry salad recipe because the tangy, sweet dressing flavors and the versatility of the ingredients. The easy homemade dressing takes five minutes to make and uses standard kitchen pantry items.
Endless Possibilities for Strawberry Salad!
The recipe card lays out my standard components when making this salad. However, almost all the ingredients are adaptable for different tastes or what you have on hand.
- Greens: Use romaine, baby spinach, spring mix, mesclan, butter lettuce, or arugula. If making for a crowd, read below to see how much lettuce to buy per person.
- Nuts: Typically I use slivered almonds, but pecans, walnuts, pistachios, or cashews would also work great. Simply toast the nuts in dry skillet or try this 5 minute Candied Nuts recipe.
- Cheese: Salty feta compliments the juicy strawberries and tangy dressing, but goat cheese or blue cheese crumbles also taste great too.
- Dressing: The easy vinaigrette uses raspberry vinegar for the acidity. However, it can be swapped out with balsamic, white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar.
Turn Strawberry Salad into a Main Dish
Fresh Strawberry Salad makes about four main dish sized servings. For added protein add grilled or rotisserie chicken, salmon, turkey breast, or tuna.
How to Toast Nuts for Strawberry Salad
Toasted nuts make the perfect addition to this Strawberry Salad. Toast any preferred nuts, such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts in minutes on the stove or oven.
Toasting Nuts on Stove:
Use a small dry skillet over medium high heat. Stir constantly, about 3-4 minutes, until nuts are lightly browned and aromatic. Remove from heat immediately. If nuts become too brown, immediately transfer nuts to a bowl so the residual pan heat doesn’t continue browning.
Toasting Nuts in Oven:
Spread nuts on a ungreased baking sheet and bake in a 350ºF oven or toaster oven until browned, about 5-10 minutes.
How to Make Easy Homemade Salad Dressing
The jar serves as the perfect mixing and storage container. If serving in a few hours, store at room temperature and shake again before serving. Otherwise, store in the refrigerator up to a week.
Preparing Strawberry Salad Ahead of Time
If you plan on bringing the salad to a potluck, party, or serving for a holiday meal it can be prepared in advance.
- Toast nuts, slice strawberries, and assemble salad with cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- Mix together dressing and store, covered, for several hours at room temperature. Refrigerate dressing if you need to store longer.
- Before serving, shake or whisk dressing again, pour over salad, and toss to combine. Alternatively, serve dressing on the side for guests.
How much salad per person
For side dish portions, figure about 1 cup or 1 ounce greens per person. If using romaine lettuce, one head typically serves 2-3 people for side dishes.
If you need larger or main dish sized portions buy about 2 ounces salad per person.
Looking for more easy side dish recipes?
- Apple Pecan Salad
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Jello Salad
- Baked Broccoli & Cheese
- Loaded Veggie Salad
- Smashed Potatoes
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Tuscan White Bean Skillet
SAVE THIS STRAWBERRY SALAD RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Easy Strawberry Salad recipe layers greens, fresh strawberries, toasted pecans or almonds, and feta or goat cheese all covered in amazing homemade dressing.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 8 ounces lettuce (spring mix, romaine, or spinach)
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry blush vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
In a dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast the nuts, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted. This will take about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a small lidded jar or bowl. Either shake jar vigorously or whisk together to combine.
In a large bowl layer greens, toasted nuts, strawberries, and feta. Pour dressing over and toss to serve immediately.
OTHER RECIPES TO LOVE: