No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is the perfect, easy summer dessert. A simply made graham cracker crust filled with creamy, no bake cheesecake, and topped off with fresh strawberries smothered in cool, sweet gelatin is guaranteed to be a hit!
Every summer growing up, fresh strawberry pie with a gelatin glaze was the dessert I looked forward to most. We would only get to enjoy it when strawberries were in season, and tasted like actual strawberries.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is a souped up version of my Mom’s classic fresh strawberry pie.
The no-fail cheesecake easily comes together in minutes by whipping together cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Finish it off by folding in Cool Whip.
Pile juicy, fresh strawberries on top, cover with a jello glaze and you have an easy, no bake summer dessert anyone can pull off.
If you love fresh strawberries, check out another easy, no bake dessert – Fresh Strawberry Couer a la Creme.
STEP BY STEP – How to Make No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Stir together no bake crust ingredients and press into a 9″ pie dish. Chill for 20 minutes. (Alternative easy gluten free crust is included in recipe card.)
- Meanwhile, make no bake cheesecake. With an electric mixer beat together cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip.
- Spoon filling into chilled crust and refrigerate for 1 more hour.
- Wash and hull strawberries. This tool is my absolute favorite way to hull strawberries. It’s great for hulling all those strawberries for jam too!
- Boil together sugar, cornstarch, and water. Remove from heat and add strawberry jello. Let cool and spoon over fresh strawberries.
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE:
- The no bake crust comes together in minutes, but you can make it even easier (with less clean up) by throwing everything in a food processor. Just put in the whole graham crackers, melted butter, and brown sugar. Process until crumbly and voila! No need to crush the graham crackers ahead separately.
- The recipe calls for softened cream cheese, but if you forget to set out the cream cheese, no worries. Place the unwrapped cream cheese blocks on a microwave safe dish and hit the “defrost” button (or at 30% power) on your microwave for 45 seconds.
- I tested the recipe with full fat versus light cream cheese and sour cream. The no bake cheesecake sets with both versions. However, as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the full fat version was thicker and tasted better (duh).
- Don’t forget to remove 1 tablespoon of strawberry jello from the package before adding it to the sugar water. Leaving it in makes the strawberry glaze a little too gelatinous.
- The recipe calls for 1 pound of strawberries, but you might need more, depending on the size of your strawberries. Smaller strawberries will require more to cover the top of the cheesecake.
- What’s dessert without chocolate? Melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips with a small splash of vegetable oil and drizzle over the set pie.
- The recipe only requires 2 cups of Cool Whip whipped topping. Use the leftover whipped topping for dolloping on top of slices.
SAVE THIS NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is the perfect easy, summer dessert. A simply made graham cracker crust filled with creamy, no bake cheesecake, and topped off with fresh strawberries smothered in cool, sweet gelatin is guaranteed to be a hit!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (10 full sheet crackers)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups rice or corn Chex cereal, crushed
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip whipped topping
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (might need more depending on size of strawberries)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounce strawberry jello gelatin (WITH 1 TABLESPOON REMOVED)
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
In a medium bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Dump into a 9” pie pan. Spread in an even layer, then use fingers, or flat-bottomed glass, to press crumbs firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Chill for 20 minutes.
ALTERNATIVE GLUTEN FREE CRUST: Preheat oven to 375ºF. Stir together crushed cereal, sugar, and butter in a bowl. Dump into a 9” pie pan. Spread in an even layer, then use fingers, or flat-bottomed glass, to press crumbs firmly on bottom and up sides of pan. Bake for 9 minutes and cool completely. (It will harden as it cools.)
In a large bowl use a hand mixer to beat together cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar until smooth and no lumps remain, about 1 minute on high.
Gently fold 2 cups of whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Evenly spread cheesecake filling in no bake crust. Place back in refrigerator for 1 hour while making strawberry topping.
Wash strawberries, hull, and then place on towels to dry.
In a small saucepan whisk together sugar, cornSTARCH, and water. Bring to boil, whisking occasionally.
Immediately remove from heat once it begins to boil. Whisk in strawberry jello (with 1 tablespoon removed) and corn SYRUP. Stir to dissolve and let sit until thickened and cooled, about 1 hour. Stir occasionally while cooling.
Arrange washed, dried, and hulled strawberries, cut side down, on top of cheesecake filling. Spoon cooled strawberry gelatin mixture over fresh strawberries. Return cheesecake to refrigerator for gelatin to set, about 1 hour. Serve cheesecake with remaining whipped topping.
Gluten Free Crust adapted from Recreating Happiness
❊SHOP THE RECIPE❊
Here are some items I used to make this recipe:
OTHER RECIPES TO LOVE:
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you – which helps justify to my family all the time I spend on the computer. Read full disclosure policy here.
This post first appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian website.