Effortless Spinach Artichoke Chicken combines the best version of classic flavors and rolls it into a healthy, quick, easy-to-follow recipe. Creamy, stuffed Spinach Artichoke Chicken recipe only requires 15 minutes hands-on time and bakes in the oven in minutes.
With the kids getting ready to back to school, you are probably looking for recipes just like this stuffed Spinach Artichoke Chicken. This healthy and easy-to-prepare baked chicken absolutely nails the busy-weeknight-dinner category.
Perhaps recipe searches haven’t entered the picture yet? Maybe you’re still reeling from school supply lists, back-to-school nights, and your hemorrhaging wallet from outgrown shoes and clothes?
Just think, won’t it be wonderful when things settle down and the only thing you’ll have to consider is what to make for dinner? 😏
STEP BY STEP – How to Make Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- Saute garlic, fresh spinach, salt, and pepper in olive oil.
- Stir in cream cheese and artichokes until creamy.
- Add in mozzarella and parmesan cheese and set spinach artichoke filling aside.
- Cut a deep slit in each chicken breast to make a “pocket.” This post for Baked Buffalo Chicken gives a great tutorial for how to butterfly chicken. Lay cut chicken breasts on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Open slit in chicken and fill with creamy spinach artichoke filling.
- Fold top of chicken back over and bake for 20-25 minutes.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Boiled Salt Potatoes
- Roasted Parmesan Ranch Potatoes
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- buttered noodles
Can Spinach Artichoke Chicken Be Frozen?
Yes, Spinach Artichoke Chicken can be frozen unbaked by following these steps.
- Make the spinach artichoke filling and allow to cool completely.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and prepare them with olive oil and seasonings as recipe states.
- Assemble each chicken breast by adding spinach artichoke stuffing.
- Wrap individual stuffed chicken breasts with plastic wrap and transfer stuffed chicken to a freezer ziplock bag.
- Pull out prepared chicken as needed and allow to thaw in refrigerator. Bake according to directions, adding 5-10 minutes to cooking time.
SAVE THIS SPINACH ARTICHOKE CHICKEN TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Effortless Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken combines the best version of classic flavors and rolls it into a healthy, quick, easy-to-follow recipe. Creamy Spinach Artichoke Chicken recipe only requires 15 minutes hands-on time and bakes in the oven in minutes.
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied* with a deep slit
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 14 oz. canned artichokes, chopped
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- garlic salt
- Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375ºF
In a large nonstick skillet heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add about half of spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir until spinach is wilted and then add second half of spinach. Stir until all spinach is wilted.
Reduce heat to low and add artichokes and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese melts, everything is smooth, and mixed throughly. Remove from heat and stir in both cheeses. Set aside.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Place butterflied chicken breasts* on the prepared baking sheet. On the top of each chicken breast drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and paprika. Use your hands to spread olive oil and seasonings evenly over the entire top of chicken breasts.
Open the chicken at the cut slits and evenly divide spinach / artichoke mixture inside. Close the chicken (like a closing a book), and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts. For best results, use a Thermoworks thermometer to make sure chicken reaches a temperature of 160ºF.
*This post for Baked Buffalo Chicken gives a great tutorial for how to butterfly chicken.
❊SHOP THE RECIPE❊
Here are some items I used to make this recipe:
OTHER RECIPES TO LOVE:
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you – which helps justify to my family all the time I spend on the computer.