Learn how to make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes and you will never go back to a traditional baked potato recipe again! Baked potatoes in a pressure cooker are fast, fluffy, tender, and easy to make!
Take Instant Pot Baked Potatoes to the next level with QUICK CRISPY SEASONED SKINS! I’ll show you how. ⬇️
Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes – Fast, Easy, and Fluffy Baked Potatoes
Make Instant Pot baked potatoes to enjoy perfectly tender and fluffy baked potatoes in a fraction of the time! Cook whole potatoes in the pressure cooker, and piping hot baked potatoes are ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
For an additional five minutes transform those fast and fluffy potatoes into ones with perfectly roasted, crispy, seasoned skins.
How Long to Cook Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
The cooking time varies by a few minutes, depending on the size of the whole potatoes. Initially, the pressure cooker takes about 5-7 minutes to build the pressure.
Set the Instant Pot to these cooking times, based on the potato’s size.
- Small Potatoes (5-6 ounces each) – 10 mins. HIGH pressure, natural release 8 mins.
- Medium Potatoes (7-9 ounces each – typically the size sold in bulk potato bags) -12 mins. HIGH pressure, natural release 9 mins
- Large Potatoes (10-12 ounces each – individual, unbagged potatoes bought in produce section) -13 mins. HIGH pressure, natural release 10 mins
How Many Potatoes Can I Cook in the Instant Pot
For a standard sized 6-8 quart Instant Pot, use a minimum of 4 potatoes, especially if they are smaller in size.
If you don’t need that many potatoes check out these leftover baked potato recipe ideas.
If you have mini Instant Pot, cooking only 1-2 potatoes will work fine.
Use this Instant Pot Baked Potato for cooking up to 7-8 potatoes. Cooking more than 8 potatoes (if they’ll fit!) will need longer cooking times.
Baked Potatoes with Crispy, Seasoned Skins
When cooking baked potatoes in an Instant Pot you lose those glorious crispy skins, but use this 5 MINUTE HACK for crispy, seasoned Instant Pot Baked Potato skins!
- Place the cooked potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive or vegetable oil on potato skins and brush on until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on (optional) seasoning mix all over potatoes.
- Broil 1-2 minutes, flip potatoes, and broil an additional 1-2 minutes.
Do I Wrap Instant Pot Potatoes With Foil?
Nope. Simply prick potatoes, place on included rack or trivet, and pour in 1 cup of water.
If you want to hold the potatoes at temperature for a while after cooking, wrapping in foil will keep potatoes hot until ready to serve. Alternatively, place cooked potatoes directly on cooking rack in a low oven.
Intimidated by using an Instant Pot? Learn in minutes with this Easy Start Instant Pot Guide full of tips, hacks, and tricks.
How To Make Baked Potatoes in Instant Pot
- Wash potatoes and prick 5-6 times with fork.
- Place on Instant Pot trivet and pour in 1 cup of cold water.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 12 minutes (see recipe card for different times based on potato size.)
- Release pressure naturally for 8-10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Brust with oil and sprinkle on seasonings.
- Broil on middle rack for 2-4 minutes, turning once.
Important Tips to Remember!
- Pour in cold water to start. Using warm or hot water could cause the potatoes to be overcooked.
- Place the included trivet with your Instant Pot on the bottom. Setting the potatoes directly in water will make mushy potatoes. No good. 👎
- Prick the potatoes 5-6 times to save skins from cracking or exploding potatoes. 😳
- Use a minimum of 4 potatoes up to 7-8, depending on size. Stacking the potatoes is fine.
- If potatoes are undercooked, place back in sealed Instant Pot and cook on HIGH pressure for 1-2 minutes with natural release 5-7 minutes, depending on how underdone they are.
Other MamaGourmand Favorite Potato Recipes
- Salt Potatoes (with Instant Pot directions) -Insanely creamy texture inside, perfectly seasoned, and heavenly tasting with drizzled melted butter.
- Grilled Potato Packets – Take five minutes to prepare, a few simple ingredients, and makes perfectly crispy and seasoned red potatoes.
- Smashed Potatoes – Creamy red potatoes are crushed, drizzled with a toasted browned butter.
- Roasted Parmesan Ranch Potatoes – With only five ingredients and effortless preparation!
SAVE THIS INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Learn how to make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes recipe easy and fast in a pressure cooker with fluffy, tender insides, and crispy, seasoned skins.
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon onion salt
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Wash potatoes and prick each one 5-6 times with a fork. Place potatoes on Instant Pot trivet, stacking on top of each other if necessary. Pour in 1 cup cold water.
Place lid on and make sure valve is in sealed position. Cook on HIGH pressure for 12 minutes. (See recipe notes for cooking times based on potato's size) Use natural release for 8-10 minutes, depending on how many potatoes are in the pressure cooker and size of potatoes. Release any remaining pressure using quick release.
Place cooked potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and brush all over skins with fingers or pastry brush. Preheat broiler.
Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl. Sprinkle all over sides of potatoes. Place baking sheet on MIDDLE rack. Broil for 1-2 minutes, flip potatoes over, and broil for 1-2 minutes longer.
Set the Instant Pot to these cooking times, based on the potato's size.
- Small Potatoes (5-6 ounces each) - 10 mins. HIGH pressure, natural release 8 mins.
- Medium Potatoes (7-9 ounces each - typically the size sold in bulk potato bags) -12 mins. HIGH pressure, natural release 9 mins
- Large Potatoes (10-12 ounces each - individual, unbagged potatoes bought in produce section) -13 mins. HIGH pressure, natural release 10 mins