Looking for easy cookie recipes that don’t use flour? Here you will find more than 20 of the best flourless cookies recipes, so decadently delicious, soft, and chewy, no one will suspect they are naturally gluten free. Learn how to make a variety of no flour cookies, from chocolate chip to peanut butter and more, using simple affordable ingredients!
Why Bake Cookies without flour?
No flour on hand? No problem! Flourless cookie recipes have many benefits that even outweigh traditional cookie baking! For instance if you are new to gluten-free baking, making cookies without flour means not having buying speciality ingredients, such as gluten-free flour.
Also, whether you need a gluten-free cookie recipe or not, flourless cookies appeal to everyone. From kids, adults, to picky eaters, these treats are guaranteed to disappear fast.
They have also grown in popularity in recent years with the surge of keto, paleo, or low carb diets. Cookies without flour often have less carbs and are easier to convert for using a sugar free sweetener. Generally they even contain more protein, especially when peanut butter or nut butters are added, like in flourless peanut butter cookies.
Flourless cookie recipes are easy to make and have less margin for error. Gluten-free desserts may have inconsistent results among different recipes because of the variance of all-purpose flour blends, which isn’t an issue when making cookies without flour!
Types of Flourless cookies
While all these cookie recipes don’t contain flour, they can be divided into groups based on the ingredients they rely on.
- Alternative flour cookies use non-traditional or grain-free flours, such homemade almond flour, buckwheat, coconut flour, or gluten-free oat flour.
- Egg white cookies, such as coconut macaroons or macarons.
- Ethnic cookies, like French and Italian desserts, commonly use ground almonds or almond paste.
- No bake cookies usually use oats or cereal.
- Nut butters, such as peanut butter, builds structure and a chewy texture.
Any leftover cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to three days.
To freeze cookies, wrap in stacks of 2-3 and wrap securely in plastic wrap. Transfer to a ziplock freezer bag and store up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Unlike gluten-free cookies, flourless recipes have a longer shelf life. Especially recipes made with almond flour seem to stay fresher longer than traditional cookies. This is because of the high amount of fat and moisture.
best flourless cookie recipes
Below are the top twenty, no fail flourless cookie recipes. Although they are all gluten-free cookies, some can also be adapted for different diets, such as grain-free, dairy-free, or low carb.
1. Chewy, Fudgy Flourless Chocolate Cookies
2. 10 Minute No-Bake Preacher Cookies (Gluten Free)
3. Italian Almond Paste Cookies
4. Flourless Gluten-Free Monster Cookies (Extra Soft!)
5. Chocolate Chip Oat Flour Cookies (Soft & Chewy!)
6. Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Almond Flour
7. 25-Minute Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
8. Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
9. 15-Minute Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (No Flour)
10. Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
11. Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
12. Easy Nutella Cookies
13. Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
14. Hot Cocoa Cookies
15. 6-ingredient Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookies (Vegan, Grain-Free)
16. Easy Cocoa Meringues
17. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies | Wholesome Made Easy
18. Flourless Chocolate Tahini Cookies – The Movement Menu
19. Orange Cardamom Almond Flour Cookies – Flavour and Savour
20. Cashew Almond Butter Cookies – Flourless Cookies
21. Flourless Almond Joy Cookies
Baking tips to remember
- Flourless cookie dough may be softer and not as easy to roll with your hands. Using a cookie scoop means not having to handle the dough and helps evenly dividing on the baking sheet.
- Use parchment paper on the baking tray so the cookies release evenly when transferring to a wire rack.
- If using egg whites in a recipe, double check if they need to whipped first before adding to other ingredients. For instance, when making meringue cookies, the whites are beaten with an electric mixer before adding flavors, such as cocoa powder, vanilla extract, or sweeteners.
- The type of sweetener used will affect the cookie’s texture. Brown sugar gives chewier results, powdered sugar is more airy, and granulated sugar builds out structure with the absence of flour.
Click here to
see a web story slideshow of the recipes!
SAVE THese FLOURLESS COOKIES RECIPES TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
20+ Easiest Flourless Cookies: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup quick cooking oats for GF cookies use certified gluten-free oats
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or leave ungreased. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together on high speed the peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy and smooth. This will take about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter,½ cup sugar,½ cup packed brown sugar,2 large eggs,1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add baking soda, salt, and oats. Mix on low speed until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.¾ cup quick cooking oats,1 ½ teaspoon baking soda,¾ teaspoon salt,½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Roll the dough into 1 ½ inch balls or use a medium cookie scoop to evenly portion and place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until the edges are set. Leave on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND RATE BELOW!
Storing and FreezingStore in airtight container at room temperature. For optimal freshness, I recommend wrapping 2-3 stacked cookies in plastic wrap and storing in a container up to 1 week. These cookies also freeze very well. After wrapping the cookies in plastic wrap, transfer to a ziplock freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months, thawing at room temperature.
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.
Tried the flourless peanut butter cookies. They were so chewy and fudgy!
Yay! I’m so glad you were able to find a winner!