Discover 20 of the best Flourless Cookies recipes that are so decadently delicious, soft, and chewy, no one will realize they are naturally gluten free. Learn how to make cookies without flour using simple affordable ingredients!
Why Bake Cookies without flour?
No flour on hand? No problem! Flourless cookie recipes have many benefits that even outweigh traditional cookie baking!
- They are naturally gluten-free without having to buy expensive gluten-free flour.
- Whether you need a gluten-free cookie recipe or not, flourless cookies appeal to everyone and are guaranteed to disappear fast.
- Cookies without flour often have less carbs and are easier to convert for keto, paleo, or low carb diets using a sugar free sweetener.
- Generally no flour cookies contain more protein, especially when peanut butter or nut butters are added.
- They are easy to make and have less margin for error. Gluten-free baking can be tricky and lacks consistent results among different recipes.
Types of Flourless cookie recipes
While all these cookie recipes don’t contain flour, they can be divided into groups based on the ingredients they rely on.
- Alternative flour cookies use non-traditional or grain-free flours, such almond flour, buckwheat, coconut flour, or oat flour.
- Egg white cookies, such as coconut macaroons or macarons.
- Ethnic cookies, like French and Italian desserts, commonly use ground almonds or almond paste.
- No bake cookies usually use oats or cereal.
- Nut butters, such as peanut butter, builds structure and a chewy texture.
best flourless cookie recipes
Below are the top twenty, no fail flourless cookies. Although they are all gluten-free cookies, some can also be adapted for different diets, such as grain-free, dairy-free, or low carb.
- Fudgy Flourless Chocolate Cookies take only five ingredients to make. If you are looking for an extremely decadent, chocolate fudge cookie that tastes exactly like the Starbucks version, you have come to right place!
2. Oat Flour Cookies makes chewy, soft chocolate chip cookies using homemade oat flour. These naturally gluten free, flourless treats use oatmeal blended quickly into flour for an easy, affordable cookie that tastes just like the ones mom made!
3. Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe are an ultra soft and chewy treat with peanut butter, oats, and lots of gooey chocolate chips for a gluten free cookie with no flour!
4. Almond Joy Cookies have only four ingredients and taste like a candy bar. An easy, delicious, and naturally gluten free cookie recipe that is sure to be a favorite!
5. Apricot Amaretti Cookies are a twist on the classic Italian soft cookie with chopped dried apricots inside!
6. Soft Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies taste so much like chewy, old fashioned peanut butter cookies you won’t believe they are naturally gluten free!
7. Italian Almond Paste Cookies, also known as almond macaroons, are a soft, chewy, and highly addictive delight perfect for Christmas or Passover. Only four ingredients are required to make this flourless cookie recipe!
8. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are a delicious treat for the holidays. You won’t believe these chewy, lightly sweet cookies are also dairy free!
9. Flourless Chocolate Tahini Cookies recipe is made with nut and seed butters, cacao and so much decadence.
10. Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches has soft and chewy flourless peanut butter oat cookies with a creamy peanut butter filling for a classic Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos taste, but infinitely better!
11. Preacher Cookies are no-bake cookies loaded with chocolate, oats, and a touch of peanut butter for the perfect emergency sweet fix. These cookies are so quick and easy, they can be whipped up in minutes when an unexpected guest, or preacher, arrives at your door!
12. 6-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookies are made with basic pantry ingredients. Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, flourless, and ultra peanut buttery!
13. These easy Cocoa Meringues are the minimalist of cookies ~ just a few simple ingredients whip up into something magical! Meringues are a naturally gluten free, fat free treat!
14. Soft and Chewy Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies recipe taste just like old fashioned oatmeal cookies baked with raisins or chocolate chips.
15. Gluten-free Monster Cookies are a flourless soft and chewy cookie, loaded with oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&M candies. They are the ideal bakery-style cookie that appeals to all!
16. Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies taste like brownies! They’re an easy, one bowl chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe that’s naturally gluten free with no refined sugar!
17. Hot Cocoa Cookies are the best combination of a soft, chewy chocolate cookie, a brownie, and hot cocoa with marshmallows. They are such a classic Christmas favorite and perfect winter dessert cookie!
18. These gluten-free oatmeal cookies use no flour to make a soft, chewy cookie even better than the ones you grew up on! Enjoy an old-fashioned oatmeal cookie in minutes because no chilling or speciality ingredients are required for this recipe!
19. Three ingredient, easy Nutella Cookies are stuffed with a chocolaty, fudgy center. Flourless nutella cookies are made with a naturally gluten free, versatile dough that can morph into so many cookie versions!
20. Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are a quick and easy recipe with a simple list of ingredients that mixes together in minutes and requires no chilling!
21. Orange Cardamom Almond Flour Cookies dipped in chocolate make a beautiful addition to a holiday cookie tray. An easy slice-and-bake recipe! Use this recipe to make Cranberry-Almond Shortbread Cookies, too!
22. These flourless Cashew Almond Butter Cookies are dipped in dark chocolate and garnished with candied sage. They’re a fun chewy winter treat!
storing Flourless cookies
Any leftover cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to three days.
To freeze cookies, wrap in stacks of 2-3 and wrap securely in plastic wrap. Transfer to a ziplock freezer bag and store up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Unlike gluten-free cookies, flourless recipes have a longer shelf life. Especially recipes made with almond flour seem to stay fresher longer than traditional cookies. This is because of the high amount of fat and moisture.
SAVE THese FLOURLESS COOKIES RECIPES TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always sharing great recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. My opinions are always my own. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission – at no cost to you. Read full disclosure policy here.