Spinach, Egg Socca Pizza is a delicious, gourmet way to enjoy gluten free pizza! Socca flatbread, or farinata, is layered with sauteed spinach, crispy prosciutto, parmesan cheese, and a perfectly cooked egg on top.
Spinach, Egg Socca Pizza
With springtime finally here I get more excited about eating “springy” foods, such as asparagus, fresh peas, rhubarb, artichokes, and spinach.
This fresh, yet comforting, easy weeknight meal or savory brunch recipe is a perfect way to ring in the spring. It uses my favorite socca recipe for a quick and easy pizza crust.
My love affair with socca flatbread, or farinata, began with the The How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook. I make quick flatbreads for myself and layer it with my favorite ingredients, while the rest of the family makes pizza with traditional dough.
How to Make Socca / Farinata Pizza
Pizza night is a breeze using garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour. You can make a batch of farinata in minutes!
- Place cooked farinata on a piece of parchment paper and assemble toppings and cheese on top.
- Preheat oven to 500ºF with a pizza stone inside. (If you don’t have a pizza stone, a cast iron skillet may be used, but be careful transferring the pizza inside!)
- Once the oven and stone are hot, place parchment with assembled socca pizza on top (I use a pizza peel to easily slide it on), and bake for 5-7 minutes.
Alternatively, if you don’t have a pizza stone, the farinata pizza can be baked directly on the oven rack. Use a lower oven temperature of 425ºF.
Anything goes for socca pizza toppings, but here are some favorite recipes:
- Socca Pizza with Pear, Brie, Bacon
- Socca Pizza with Summer Squash and Feta
- Lemon Herb Farinata Pizza
- Chickpea Flour Pizza with Tomato and Parmesan
Spinach, Egg Socca Pizza is not a traditionalist’s take on pizza. It’s lightly sprinkled with parmesan cheese, rather than a mound of mozzarella, and is topped with a fried egg on top.
The uniqueness of flavors, though, makes this a dish you can serve at any meal! Use it for a quick weeknight dinner, hearty lunch, or savory breakfast.
SAVE THIS SOCCA PIZZA TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
Spinach, Egg Socca Pizza
- 4 Socca Flatbreads
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices Prosciutto, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat a splash of olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add chopped Prosciutto and sauté for 30 seconds. Add garlic to pan and sauté for an additional 30 seconds. Add spinach to the pan, season lightly with salt and pepper, and sauté until spinach is wilted.
- Divide spinach / Prosciutto mixture evenly between the 4 socca flatbreads. Put the divided Parmesan on top and set aside.
- Place pizzas on a cookie sheet and broil for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully, until Parmesan is melted.
- Wipe out skillet, add more olive oil, and heat over medium high heat. Fry 4 eggs to your desired style and place one on top of each pizza.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON'T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING AND COMMENT BELOW!❉