Tiger Butter recipe combines 3 ingredients to make an easy candy with chocolate and peanut butter swirled together and chopped peanut butter cups on top.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Take out two microwave safe bowls. In one, place two-thirds of the bag of chocolate. Set the remaining one-third of chocolate aside. In another bowl place peanut butter chips. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
Microwave the two-thirds chocolate on high in 15-30 seconds intervals, stirring each time, until chips are completely melted. This will take about 2 minutes total, but watch carefully the last 45 seconds.
Add the remaining one-third of chocolate and stir to combine and melt. Continue to stir until all the chocolate is melted, smooth, and glossy. Don't be tempted to put it back in the microwave to finish melting added chips. Let it sit a minute and stir again. It will eventually melt from the residual heat. While the chocolate is finishing to melt, melt the peanut butter chips.
Melt the peanut butter chips on high for 1-2 minutes total, stirring every 15-30 seconds, until peanut butter is smooth and melted.
Pour melted chocolate on prepared baking sheet, reserving a couple tablespoons in bowl. Use an offset spatula to spread chocolate to about 1/4" thick. Drizzle melted peanut butter on top and swirl together with a knife, first in horizontal lines then in vertical. Immediately sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top. Drizzle reserved chocolate over everything to hold peanut butter cups in place.
Allow chocolate to set and harden on counter. Do not break into pieces until chocolate is completely set, about 2-3 hours.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
How to Store Tiger Butter
Once the chocolate is set completely and broke into pieces, store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, ideally less than 70ºF. Properly tempered chocolate will keep for several weeks and doesn't need to be refrigerated.
If you have to store it in the refrigerator, make sure it's in an airtight container to prevent moisture, smells, or condensation spoiling the chocolate.
Other Tips For Making Tiger Butter
- Make sure all your equipment is absolutely dry and free from any water droplets, otherwise your chocolate will seize and be grainy.
- Melt the peanut butter chips as soon as the chocolate is done melting in the microwave.
- Properly tempered chocolate will start to harden around the edges almost immediately.
- Be sure to spread the chocolate thinly, about 1/4" thick. Using an offset spatula helps with getting the job done quickly and evenly.
- If your chocolate hardens, simply reheat using either technique for tempering chocolate, and use again.
- Don't forget to line baking sheets with wax paper or parchment before spreading on melted chocolate.
- Have toppings ready to sprinkle onto melted chocolate. If the chocolate is starting to harden, press gently on the toppings to work into chocolate.
- Don't handle the bark to break into pieces until it's fully hardened. Otherwise you'll leave smudges or fingerprints on the chocolate.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1.3mg