Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet Potato Salad recipe has roasted sweet potatoes, pecans, apples, and dried cranberries tossed in an easy maple mustard vinaigrette dressing. Flavorful and comforting Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is healthy, vegan, and a gluten free recipe that may be served warm or cold.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed in 1 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Maple Mustard Dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chives or green onions, minced
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Divide sweet potatoes between the baking sheets. Divide olive oil, salt, and pepper between the two sheets. Toss to combine.
Spread sweet potatoes in a single layer so they aren't touching. Bake for 25 minutes. Toss and flip sweet potatoes, then bake for 15 minutes more. They should have a crispy, caramelized exterior and soft interior.
Meanwhile whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl. In a large bowl place slightly cooled sweet potatoes, apples, pecans, and dried cranberries. Gently toss with dressing. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. If serving cold, let sweet potatoes cool completely before tossing with other ingredients and dressing.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
Additions or Substitutions for Sweet Potato Salad
- Add crisp, crumbled bacon right before serving
- Kale - Use fresh, massaged kale leaves or add leaves to the baking sheets for last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Cooked quinoa
- Sprinkle with feta, goat cheese, or fresh parmesan
- Substitute cashews, walnuts, or pepitas for the pecans
- Like a bit of spice? Add a dash of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the mustard dressing
- Use minced red onions or green onions instead of chives
- Add fresh chopped bell peppers
- Substitute fresh lemon juice for the apple cider vinegar
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 20155IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg