Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts are oven baked with chopped bacon, apples, and a drizzle of maple syrup. This Brussels sprouts recipe is guaranteed to convert any non-lovers into making them swoon!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped in 1/2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, optional
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Evenly spread olive oil on a baking sheet. If you prefer crispy bacon, lay chopped bacon pieces flat on sheet and bake for 4 minutes first. (Otherwise mix everything together, except cranberries, on baking sheet and bake all at the same time).
While bacon is partially cooking, in a microwave safe bowl place washed, cut Brussels sprouts along with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, depending on how tender you prefer your Brussels sprouts to be in the end. Uncover and drain any leftover water.
Place steamed Brussels sprouts, maple syrup, apples, salt and pepper on baking sheet with partially cooked bacon. Toss to combine.
Make sure Brussels sprouts are cut-side down and bacon is laying flat. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, toss, return Brussels sprouts to cut side down, and bake for 10 minutes more. Add optional cranberries and serve.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
Tips For Even More Goodness
- If you don't have pure maple syrup substitute the same amount of brown sugar
- I always use kitchen shears when cutting raw bacon. Makes it so easy and quick!
- To get crispy, caramelized Brussel Sprouts, roast the entire time with cut-side laying flat on baking sheet.
- Option: Top finished Bacon Brussels Sprouts with 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans.
- Option: When Brussels sprouts come out of the oven sprinkle on freshly grated parmesan cheese or blue cheese crumbles.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 310mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 65.7mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1.2mg