Creamy Sausage Pasta
It only takes 30 minutes to make and enjoy this Creamy Sausage Pasta recipe with fettuccine, browned sausage, and fresh spinach all in simply made, creamy pesto sauce.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine, regular or gluten free
- 8 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounce COLEMAN ORGANIC® Spinach Chicken Sausage, sliced into 1" medallions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup half and half
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as label directs for "al dente." Just before pasta is done cooking, remove about 1/2 cup of pasta water and set aside. Add the spinach, give a brief stir to wilt, and drain pasta with spinach.
While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once it's hot, add COLEMAN ORGANIC® Spinach Chicken Sausage medallions and sauté for 5 minutes, or until golden brown on each side. Remove sausage to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Lower the temperature of skillet to medium low and melt butter. Add the half and half, lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and pesto. Bring the liquid to a simmer and add drained pasta with spinach. Use tongs to toss and coat pasta in sauce. Stir in cheese and season with more salt and pepper. If you need to loosen the sauce to coat the pasta, stir in just enough pasta water until the sauce thins out. Stir in cooked sausage.
Divide among plates and top with more parmesan and pepper, if desired.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
Recipe adapted from Food Network
- Reserve some pasta water in case you need to thin out the creamy pesto sauce to coat pasta and sausage.
- Do not add the parmesan cheese until the very end. Adding it directly to the sauce before tossing with pasta will cause it to get clumpy.
- Heavy cream can also be substituted for the half and half for an even creamier dish.
Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1149mg | Potassium: 404mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4320IU | Vitamin C: 11.7mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 2.8mg