Peanut Butter Bread
Quick, easy, & moist Peanut Butter Bread recipe is dotted with chocolate chips and drizzled with peanut butter & chocolate glazes for a breakfast or treat!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 3 cups flour or gluten free all-purpose flour (I use and recommend Cup 4 Cup gluten free blend)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk or soured milk*
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Glaze (optional)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray two 8 1/2 X 4 1/2" loaf pans and set aside. Whisk together flour or gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter, sugar, and light brown sugar until very light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, and beat well. Slowly pour in buttermilk or soured milk, beating until combined.
Gradually add flour mixture and beat on low until combined. Stir in miniature chocolate chips and divide between the two loaf pans.
Bake 45 minutes (5-10 minutes longer for gluten free) or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
In a small microwave safe bowl, combine 1/4 cup chocolate chips and shortening or vegetable oil. Microwave for about 1 minute, stopping every 20 seconds to stir and smooth out. Drizzle over the top of the peanut butter glaze.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
How to freeze Peanut Butter Bread
If you want to freeze the bread, it's best done before adding the glazes.
- Place 2 teaspoons of lemon juice or vinegar into a liquid measuring cup.
- Add enough milk in to equal 1 1/2 cups of liquid all together.
- Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Make sure the loaves have cooled completely.
- Wrap each tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer gallon bags.
- After it is thawed, make the glazes and drizzle on when you are ready to serve.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1.8mg