Mexican Hot Dogs
Mexican Hot Dogs recipe is a Mexican-style taco dog topped with a quick and easy seasoned ground beef topping. Load on your favorite taco fixings and dinner is served in less than 15 minutes!
hot dog buns
regular or gluten free buns
Toppings: cheddar cheese, avocado, sour cream, lettuce, Fritos or crushed tortilla chips
In a large skillet cook ground beef with chili powder until cooked through. Drain fat if necessary. Stir in salsa and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Set aside to grill or cook hot dogs.
Spoon meat over hot dogs and top with desired toppings.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
How to Cook Hot Dogs
- Recently I acquired an airfryer lid for my
Mealthy pressure cooker
. Life changing! The
works on any 6 or 8 quart pressure cooker. Cook at 400ºF for 4-6 minutes.
- Wrap hot dogs in a paper towel and microwave for 30 -45 seconds, or until heated through.
- Bring water to a boil and add hot dogs. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium and grill hot dogs for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add 1/2" of water to skillet. Heat the pan on medium high heat until water starts to boil off. Add hot dogs and roll until all sides are browned.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay hot dogs on baking sheet and roast for 10-20 minutes or until heated through.
Bacon Wrapped Mexican Style Hot Dogs
Wrap hot dog with bacon (not thick cut) and secure both ends with a toothpick.
Pan fry (medium heat), grill, bake (400°F 12-15 mins), or broil until bacon is crisp, turning frequently. For baking or broiling, line baking sheet with parchment paper first to help clean up!
Assemble the hot dogs with salsa beef topping and taco fixings.
Mexican Hot Dogs https://www.mamagourmand.com/quick-and-easy-taco-dogs/