Grilled Salmon in Foil
Learn how to grill salmon in foil with a very simple, yet gourmet recipe! Grilled salmon in foil packets are glazed with an easy four ingredient sweet, tangy mustard sauce to make the best salmon in 15 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Preheat grill to medium, about 400-450ºF (204-232ºC). Lay out a very large piece of heavy duty foil, enough to bring up long sides and close over salmon. If you are using cut salmon fillets, lay out individual large pieces of foil. Place salmon on, skin side down, and set aside.
In a small microwave safe bowl melt butter. Add apricot preserves, whole grain mustard, and dijon mustard. Mix well. Remove 2 tablespoons of mustard sauce and set aside to use after salmon is cooked.
Brush on remaining mustard sauce on top of the salmon. Fold up the longer sides and roll together with the seam on top. Roll up the shorter ends to close and make a packet.
Place on grill, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. While salmon is cooking preheat broiler and place oven rack in top position. Open foil, brush reserved marinade on top and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until salmon is cooked completely and top starts to bubble.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
Baking salmon foil packet in oven
Tips Grilled Salmon in Foil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Prepare salmon packet with sauce brushed on, setting aside 2 tablespoons of sauce.
- Place salmon packet directly on oven rack
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove the salmon packet from oven.
- Open packet, brush remaining glaze on top of the salmon.
- Position oven rack to top and turn on broiler.
- Place salmon with foil open under broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until salmon is fully cooked.
- Heavy duty foil works best, but regular aluminum foil may be used too. For best results, use a double layer of regular foil.
- It's best to error on the side of undercooking the fish. Salmon finishes cooking under the broiler.
- Assemble foil packets on a baking sheet to easily transport the salmon back and forth from grill to kitchen.
- Salmon is done with exterior is opaque and interior is semi-translucent. Insert knife into thickest part to check.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg