Learn how to cook zucchini the absolute best way! Roasted Zucchini is an easy, oven baked recipe perfect all year round. Golden, roasted summer squash is flavored with garlic and seasonings for a healthy side dish everyone will devour!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 21 minutes
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds), quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450°F and position rack to middle. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place cut zucchini, garlic, and olive oil on baking sheet. Toss to combine. Arrange zucchini so they are spread out and one cut side is down.
Bake for 8 minutes, flip zucchini to other cut side. Bake for 8 minutes longer, or until sides turn golden. While zucchini is baking, mix together spices in a small bowl.
Remove summer squash from oven and sprinkle with seasonings. Use a spatula to toss so seasonings are evenly coated. Serve immediately.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
Prepare zucchini the same way tossing with olive oil and garlic. Grill on medium high heat, 3-5 minutes per cut side. Remove from grill and sprinkle with seasonings.
Cut squash lengthwise then slice horizontally for bite size pieces. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and saute for 4 minutes, or until almost done (tender but slightly crisp). Add minced garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Remove from heat and toss with seasonings.
Tips for Making the BEST Oven Baked Zucchini
- Don't salt the zucchini before roasting. Very important!!
- Use small-sized zucchini for best flavor and less seeds
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray first to prevent the zucchini from sticking
- Make sure the summer squash are spread out on the sheet and not touching. This helps the hot air circulate around the veggies so they brown instead of steam.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 379mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 35.6mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 0.8mg