Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Learn how to make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes recipe easy and fast in a pressure cooker with fluffy, tender insides, and crispy, seasoned skins.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 13 minutes
- 6 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 cup cold water
Seasoned Crispy Skins: (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon onion salt
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Wash potatoes and prick each one 5-6 times with a fork. Place potatoes on Instant Pot trivet, stacking on top of each other if necessary. Pour in 1 cup cold water.
Place lid on and make sure valve is in sealed position. Cook on HIGH pressure for 12 minutes. (See recipe notes for cooking times based on potato's size) Use natural release for 8-10 minutes, depending on how many potatoes are in the pressure cooker and size of potatoes. Release any remaining pressure using quick release.
Crispy Seasoned Skins:
Place cooked potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and brush all over skins with fingers or pastry brush. Preheat broiler.
Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl. Sprinkle all over sides of potatoes. Place baking sheet on MIDDLE rack. Broil for 1-2 minutes, flip potatoes over, and broil for 1-2 minutes longer.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
Set the Instant Pot to these cooking times, based on the potato's size.
- Small Potatoes (5-6 ounces each) – 10 minutes HIGH pressure, natural release 8 minutes
- Medium Potatoes (7-9 ounces each – typically the size sold in bulk potato bags) -12 minutes HIGH pressure, natural release 9 minutes
- Large Potatoes (10-12 ounces each – individual, unbagged potatoes bought in produce section) -13 minutes HIGH pressure, natural release 10 minutes
- Extra Large Potatoes (12-15 ounces) – 15 minutes HIGH pressure, natural release 11 minutes
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 316mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1.9mg