Grilled Chicken Salad and Dressing
Grilled Chicken Salad recipe is an absolute favorite because of it's versatility. An easy, homemade honey mustard serves as both the chicken marinade and dressing. Toss with whatever is on hand, such as greens, avocado, corn, bacon, blue cheese, or hard boiled eggs, and you have a healthy, filling meal!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Honey Mustard Dressing / Marindade:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or thinly sliced breasts
- 2 peaches, pit removed and sliced in half
- 4 ears corn, husks removed
- 18 ounces package romaine lettuce, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs, hardboiled
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- fresh chives, for garnish
Honey Mustard Dressing / Marinade:
In a small bowl whisk together honey, vegetable oil, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper until well combined and oil is completely incorporated.
Place chicken tenderloins or thinly sliced chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag. Pour in 1/3 cup of marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
To the remaining marinade add 1/3 cup mayonnaise. Whisk to combine, cover, and set aside in the refrigerator.
While chicken is marinating, boil eggs, cook bacon, wash, and cut lettuce. The lettuce, bacon, eggs, avocado, and blue cheese can be assembled on plates and set aside in the refrigerator while grilling the chicken, peaches, and corn.
Preheat grill to medium high heat and oil grate. Grill corn 15-20 minutes, rotating every 4-5 minutes. Grill peaches on cut side only for 5 minutes or until charred. Set both aside to cool.
Grill chicken 4 minutes per side. Use a thermometer to make sure it reaches a temperature of 160ºF.
Cut corn off of cobs, slice peaches and chicken. Divide between assembled plates. Drizzle with honey mustard dressing and garnish with fresh chives.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
TIPS / TRICKS:
- The easiest way to fully incorporate the honey mustard marinade / dressing ingredients is to pour everything in a lidded jar and shake vigorously. The oil and vinegar will emulsify without having to spend a lot of effort and time whisking.
- Grilled Chicken Salad can be prepared in stages ahead of time. The honey mustard marinade / dressing can be made up to a day in advance. Also, grill the chicken, corn, peaches, and cook the bacon and eggs earlier in the day. When ready to serve, just assemble the salads and pour on the honey mustard dressing.
- Be sure the grill grate is clean, hot, and oiled before grilling to prevent food from sticking. The easiest way to oil a grate is to dip a paper towel in vegetable oil and use long tongs to swipe the towel over grate.
- When grilling the chicken, you’ll know when it’s ready to be flipped when it releases easily from the grate. Try not to overly handle or flip to ensure crispy, charred grill marks with a moist interior. Always use a thermometer (pull at 160ºF) for consistent results.
Calories: 566kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 747mg | Potassium: 1294mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 11680IU | Vitamin C: 19.5mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2.9mg