Oven Fried Fish
Oven Fried Fish is a healthy way to enjoy crispy, crunchy, baked fish. This naturally gluten free fish recipe can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Potato Chip Crusted Fish:
- 1 1/2 pounds mild white fish (I used tilapia)
- 1/4 cup crushed corn or rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3/4 cup crushed potato chips, about 2 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
AMAZING Tartar Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, regular or light
- 2 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon whole-ground mustard
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground pepper
Oven Fried Fish
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small bowl mix crushed cereal, Parmesan, potato chips, paprika, and melted butter. Pat fish dry and lay on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle topping evenly over top. Bake 12-15 (depending on thickness of fish) or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with AMAZING tartar sauce and lemons.
AMAZING Tartar Sauce
Place all tartar sauce ingredients in a mini prep food processor or mini chopper. Pulse until well mixed, but not pureed. Alternatively, finely chop capers and mix all ingredients in a bowl.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
Substitutions for Oven Fried Fish
How to Reheat Cooked Fish
- Use any flaky, mild white fish such as tilapia, cod, flounder, swai, grouper, or catfish. Baking times will depend on the thickness of the fish.
- Swap out any type of preferred potato chip - baked (will also save calories), salt & vinegar, BBQ, tortilla chips, etc.
- Substitute any neutral tasting cereal - Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Rice Krispies, or Corn Flakes (Corn Flakes are not gluten free)
- Grated Parmesan can be substituted for the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Tartar sauce adapted from Ina Garten
Nutrition facts are calculated without tartar sauce. One serving of tartar sauce (about 3 Tbsp.) adds 80 calories.
- Preheat oven to300ºF.
- Place a large piece of foil on a baking sheet and lay fish on top of foil. Fold up the sides of the foil so it's loosely tenting the fish.
- Bake until fish is heated through. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg