Potato Frittata, similar to a spanish frittata or tortilla recipe, has sliced potatoes, eggs, and cheese. This savory breakfast or dinner recipe is easy to make and extremely versatile by adding a variety of vegetables, meats, or cheeses.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1 pound russet or red potatoes, sliced 1/4" medallions
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese* (whole or part skim)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400ºF. On a large baking sheet mix together sliced potatoes, onions, and olive oil. Arrange potatoes in a single layer potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 20 minutes, flipping potatoes halfway through. Remove from oven when potatoes are golden brown. Turn down the oven to 375ºF. Set potatoes aside to cool slightly.
When the potatoes and onions are cool enough to handle, arrange them in a greased pie plate (see pic in post). Spread half the potatoes and all the onions on the bottom of the pie plate. Arrange remaining potatoes, standing up and overlapping, around the edge to form a "potato crust."
Whisk together the eggs, ricotta, parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Gently pour over potatoes and onions. If desired, drizzle additional olive oil on top.
Put frittata back into 375ºF oven for 30 minutes or until middle is set and eggs are cooked through. If crust is becoming overly browned before eggs are cooked, use a pie shield or loosely tent foil around crust. Serve hot or at room temperature.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
*More Ideas / Tips for Making Potato Frittata
- Want to omit the ricotta? Substitute 1/4 cup heavy cream and increase to 1/2 - 1 cup of desired cheese
- Before adding the egg mixture to the potato shell, stir in chopped bacon, ham, sausage, or prosciutto
- Roast any veggie with the potatoes - peppers, zucchini, eggplant, broccoli, etc.
- Add chopped spinach, either thawed and squeezed dry or fresh, to the egg mixture
- Substitute cheddar, feta, goat, or swiss cheese for the parmesan
- Instead of russet potatoes, use red, yukon gold, or sweet potatoes
- Add any fresh herbs, such as thyme, chives, or basil
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 1.5mg