Learn how to make an espresso martini anyway you like it - chocolate, creamy with Baileys, or even without an espresso maker, with this easy recipe for all!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 ounces brewed espresso, slightly cooled
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Kahlua
- 1 ounce creme de cocoa
Fill a martini shaker with ice. Pour in espresso, vodka, coffee liqueur, and creme de cocoa. Shake vigorously to get a nice frothy top. Strain and pour. Garnish with 3 fresh coffee beans, if desired.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
Chocolate Espresso Martini
- Make espresso martini recipe below, substituting Godiva Chocolate Liqueur for the creme de cacao in the cocktail shaker.
- Drizzle the inside of martini glass with chocolate syrup.
- Add ice to cocktail shaker, shake vigorously and strain contents into chocolate drizzled glass.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings or cocoa powder.
For a creamier, slightly sweeter cocktail substitute vanilla or whipped vodka flavor for the regular vodka. Stolichnaya is my preferred vanilla vodka brand to use.
Espresso Martini with Baileys
Enjoy a creamy espresso martini cocktail by using Baileys Irish Cream with the vodka and espresso. Replace the creme de cacao and coffee liqueur with 2 ounces of Baileys.
If you are looking to reduce the amount of alcohol in the martini, using Baileys will help. Decrease the amount of vodka and increase the amount of Baileys Irish Cream to taste.
Espresso Martini with Horchata
If you love creamy coffee cocktails, using Horchata is another decadent option. Replace the creme de cacao with 1 ounce Horchata liqueur.
For a creamier espresso martini with less alcohol taste, replace the Kahlua and creme de cacao with 2 ounces Horchata.
Can I Make an Espresso Martini without espresso?
Perhaps you don't own an espresso maker? Learn how to make an espresso martini without an espresso coffee machine!
- Buy a few shots of espresso from your local coffee shop. Refrigerate up to two days in a lidded glass jar.
- There are several options of making "shortcut" espresso using instant espresso powder or espresso Keurig pods.
- Brew very strong coffee, preferably using dark roast or espresso coffee beans. If using a Keurig, reduce the ounce output to 4-6 ounces.
- Buy an inexpensive stove top espresso maker. You can find them on amazon or I often see them at Marshalls. I used this method for years before purchasing an automatic espresso machine and it works very well!
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 33mg | Sugar: 14g