Mexican Hot Dogs
Mexican Hot Dogs recipe is a Mexican-style taco dog topped with a quick and easy seasoned ground beef topping. Load on your favorite taco fixings and dinner is served in less than 15 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns regular or gluten free buns
Toppings: cheddar cheese, avocado, sour cream, lettuce, Fritos or crushed tortilla chips
In a large skillet cook ground beef with chili powder until cooked through. Drain fat if necessary. Stir in salsa and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Set aside to grill or cook hot dogs.
Spoon meat over hot dogs and top with desired toppings.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD❉
How to Cook Hot Dogs
Bacon Wrapped Mexican Style Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer - Recently I acquired an airfryer lid for my Mealthy pressure cooker. Life changing! The CrispLid works on any 6 or 8 quart pressure cooker. Cook at 400ºF for 4-6 minutes.
- Microwave - Wrap hot dogs in a paper towel and microwave for 30 -45 seconds, or until heated through.
- Boil - Bring water to a boil and add hot dogs. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Grill - Heat grill to medium and grill hot dogs for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Pan Fry - Add 1/2" of water to skillet. Heat the pan on medium high heat until water starts to boil off. Add hot dogs and roll until all sides are browned.
- Bake - Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay hot dogs on baking sheet and roast for 10-20 minutes or until heated through.
adapted from Good Housekeeping
- Wrap hot dog with bacon (not thick cut) and secure both ends with a toothpick.
- Pan fry (medium heat), grill, bake (400°F 12-15 mins), or broil until bacon is crisp, turning frequently. For baking or broiling, line baking sheet with parchment paper first to help clean up!
- Assemble the hot dogs with salsa beef topping and taco fixings.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 817mg | Potassium: 415mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 4.2mg