Roasted Butternut Squash
Easy Roasted Butternut Squash has only four ingredients, but makes a healthy, easy recipe with roasted squash, caramelized in a cinnamon maple glaze.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2.5 pounds), peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Preheat oven to 425ºF. On TWO baking sheets divide cubed butternut squash.
Divided and sprinkle olive oil, pumpkin pie spice, and salt (NOT MAPLE SYRUP) over the squash on the two baking sheets. Toss to combine ingredients and coat the butternut squash with oil and seasonings. Spread squash cubes evenly out on the baking sheets.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven to flip and toss squash. Bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until butternut squash is toasted and caramelized. Remove from oven and toss with maple syrup before serving.
❉DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?? DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE FEEDBACK AND/OR CLICK A STAR RATING ON THE RECIPE CARD!❉
Tips for Making THE BEST Roasted Butternut Squash
- Dividing the squash between two pans allows hot air to caramelize and toast each piece, preventing your butternut squash from turning into steamed mush.
- Rather than roasting with the maple syrup on, drizzle it on after the squash bakes. If the squash is roasted with the maple syrup it coats the cubes, creating a barrier that prevents it from getting a crispy exterior.
- Brown sugar can be substituted for the maple syrup.
- If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, substitute cinnamon.
- Keep it more savory by skipping the maple syrup. It's still delicious!
- To serve for Thanksgiving: This recipe can be roasted earlier in the day. When ready to serve reheat 10 minutes in 425ºF oven, then toss in maple syrup before serving.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 13290IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.9mg